Denji x Reader

Thanks @tEmDuD for the request!
———

The restaurant was thankfully mostly empty as our ragtag group walked in after our working hours, exhausted and hungry. Aki had mentioned that this spot had really good food for cheap prices considering he was paying for the rest of us. Power was too hungry to care and Denji just liked food so they didn't have any complaints. At this point, we were all thinking with our stomachs as we slid into the booth in a hungry daze.

I almost didn't notice that I was seated next to Denji who kept glancing at me every now and again. Grabbing the menu from the table, I tried to ignore him for now. Food was the top thing on my mind at this moment, not whatever trouble he was thinking up. He seemed to deflate a bit after noticing I was actively ignoring him as he picked up the menu as well with a sigh. I felt a bit bad but I also didn't want to expose myself in front of our comrades either. Last thing I need right now is to start a scandal with a devil with witnesses. My reputation could barely handle any hits.

"You guys better hurry up and figure out what you want. I'm not waiting for you to get your order together by the time the waiter comes," Aki huffed out, clearly hangry. I bit back a smile as Power sent me an eyebrow raise that told me she figured what was behind his frustration as well. I understood his anger right now and decided not to give him a hard time about it tonight.

When someone's foot brushed my ankle, I nearly jumped in my seat, forgetting exactly who was sitting next to me. Aki glanced over his menu at me with a look of confusion as I coughed. Denji side eyed me as his foot gently slid up my calf and back down to my ankle. I swallowed my complaints, shrugging as if nothing had happened before hiding behind my menu in embarrassment. It didn't help when Denji spread his legs a bit, his thigh now pressed against mine and making me straighten up.

'I thought we had a deal,' I mouthed to Denji. He smirked at me with his wicked teeth glinting in the restaurant lights as he let his hand cup my knee. My face heated up at the touch, deciding to ignore it to the best of my ability as the waiter showed up. As I was ordering though, Denji started to move his hand up my knee and to my thigh, causing my voice to wobble a bit. Aki and Power looked at me funny but I merely waved them off as the waiter took everyone else's orders.

"I'm feeling a little under the weather. I need to step outside real quick but I'll be right back," I shakily announced, moving away from Denji's touch and sliding out of the booth. I didn't look behind me once, not even to see if Denji still wore his smirk. All of my attention was focused on getting to fresh, cool air, an escape.

The moment I was out the door, I felt instantly better. I didn't feel that same suffocating anxiety and the worry of being caught. Denji clearly didn't care as much as I did about being caught but I wasn't ready to reveal the truth of what has been occurring between us to the rest of the group yet. From stolen kisses to secret cuddle sessions, everything affectionate between Denji and I was private and not meant to be shared. Even when he was extra clingy and wanted to tease me more and more, I didn't want to give in.

I walked a bit down the street, clearing my head with the night air when someone eagerly grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the alleyway. I was ready to start kicking some ass when I saw familiar blonde hair and intense eyes. Denji didn't waste a single moment of our limited time as he pressed his lips to mine, his hands moving to grip my hair desperately. He pushed his body to mine with my back hitting the wall. I couldn't help humming into the kiss, still loving the way he held me in moments like these where it was just the two of us. No witnesses, no judgment.

"Sorry for the teasing earlier. I got too excited," Denji whispered against my lips breathily before dragging his kisses down my jaw and to my neck before moving to peck my forehead. My heart fluttered in my chest with the apology and his gentleness. It wasn't often he apologized for anything he did but I was glad he realized the situation he almost caused. At least now I could hold him for a few minutes until we had to go back to pretending we were merely coworkers.

"I don't want them to know yet. Please Denji, don't let them find out," I pleaded quietly, my hands gripping his shoulders to keep myself upright as my legs began to tremble in ecstasy. He smiled against my temple before connecting our lips again. His teeth bit gently at my bottom lip, making me squirm slightly in his arms.

"I'll try but sometimes it's hard. All I want is to indulge," he mumbled between kisses. I pulled away to nip at his jaw playfully, careful to ensure I didn't leave any visible marks. This seemed to bother Denji as he eagerly slid his lips over my neck before biting gently. He inhaled sharply, making me tense up as he bit down a bit harder.

My hand went to my skin, slightly pushing him away as I realized what he must've done. If his smirk wasn't proof enough, the warmth coming from what must've been a hickey sure proved it. "I can't believe y—."

"Believe it," he hissed through a smirk, his fingers tangling in my hair to push me to him again. A small part of me relaxed, crazy enough to not care that he left an obvious mark as I lost myself in his affection. I was tired of hiding this feeling from other people, even with my logic. For now, I wanted to pretend it was just the two of us with no worries for anyone else.