Denji x Reader (Part 2)

Thanks @the1thatgot_away_ for requesting a part 2!
———

My predictions were correct as always. I knew it would come to this as I sat across Denji in my own apartment, thinking about what his lips would feel like against mine or how delightful his teeth would feel against my skin. He wasn't even doing anything but laying back on the couch, staring at the ceiling with a far off look.

How we ended up here was still a bit of a blur but I knew it involved the pounding in my head. As a devil I had a higher tolerance to alcohol than the typical human but I must've had a lot to get into this state. By the groan coming from Denji, he also made the same mistake. It wasn't supposed to be anything more than a fun night out with some of the other divisions but after watching Denji interact with Makima, I couldn't help but grab the nearest drink.

"Ugh, please make the room stop spinning," he groaned, promptly kicking his leg out to knock one of my drinks off of it, the can spilling its contents over my carpet. I couldn't care less for the mess though as I smiled at him. He flipped onto his side to gaze back at me, his attention relieving after a full night of being ignored. We were supposed to be partners and even though that only applied to devil hunting, I wanted that to apply to everything else as well.

"Don't look at me like that or I won't be able to stop myself," I warned him, similarly to that first meal we shared together when he claimed that he'd rather me like him than hate him. He still didn't know what he was getting himself into as he smirked at me before standing on his wobbly legs. With all the confidence of someone suffering from a hangover, he strode over to me where I sat across the room.

I had purposefully kept distance between us when we walked into my apartment but now he was defeating the whole purpose as he dropped in front of me, half crawling towards me till he managed to collapse across my lap. The contact made me tense up with every nerve in my body screaming at me to push him away for his own safety. Even so, I found myself wanting desperately to pull him closer, to trap him in my clutches and never let go till I was the only one on his mind.

"This is your last warning and then I'm done trying to protect you," I whispered, my hands trembling at my sides as I restrained myself. Denji looked at me with a glazed over stare that made me feel guilty for giving him an ultimatum when he was intoxicated. The best thing would be for me to leave my apartment completely and return when we were both sober enough to make any reasonable decisions. It would be painful to leave but the right thing to do. I wasn't sure when I acquired morals as a devil but they sure sucked.

"You've given me however many chances to walk away but I'm not going to. You can't make me," he protested through a pout, crossing his arms defiantly across his chest. His expression was one of pure conviction and it sparked an inferno inside me. I barely had a moment to realize that I was moving before my hands were on him. My fingers gripped his hair while my other hand cupped his face with as much gentleness as I could considering my lack of self control.

"I'm going to make you regret those words," I breathed out, leaning down with a cruel smile. Denji smirked back up at me before he captured me in his arms to pull me down to him. When his lips reached mine, I felt myself instantly melt into his touch. He was another form of intoxication I couldn't shake off, that I didn't want to shake off. Everything about him was made to lure me in from the way his teeth grazed my lip or the feeling of him shivering as I pulled him onto my lap. He was my own personal drug, tailored to perfection.

Surprisingly, I was able to withdraw my more aggressive urges as I settled on kissing him carefully. Now that I had him in my hold, I didn't want to scare him away, yet. I wanted to see how long it would last until Denji regretted this decision. Until that time came around, I'd let myself indulge in the one thing I was sure I could never have for long. Maybe this time would be different but I wouldn't get my hopes up. For all we knew, this could've been nothing more than a drunken incident.

"Stop holding back," Denji breathed out against my lips, gently biting down with his sharp teeth. With a hum, I let my hands wander down his sides to his waist and back up again to tug at his short hair teasingly. It'd be impossible to push him away now, even if it was for his own safety. A selfish part of me wanted to be the one to care for him even if that came with pain for the both of us. I wanted to be his undoing just as he was mine.

"As long as you don't let me go," I whispered back. He smiled softly into the kiss, tilting his head curiously as if experimenting. The motion gave me chills that I couldn't shake off no matter how much I trembled. My head became light headed and it had nothing to do with the alcohol in my system but the feeling of Denji's sporadic heartbeat against my chest. I was going to find out how fast I could make it race just because I could.