"You don't need to thank me. I'm just repaying the debt for saving me back at the school," Rei interjected, providing her reason for intervening. "Besides, he was becoming quite bothersome."

Nagi looked at her for a moment before speaking once more. "I wasn't going to thank you though." His response elicited snickers from the group as Rei herself grew annoyed and a blush adorned her face from embarrassment. "You really don't mince your words do you?" Shaking his head in agreement she sighed in resignation.

"What a sight!" a voice suddenly exclaimed, accompanied by the sound of clapping hands. The individual began walking towards the front of the bus. Rei, recognizing the voice, clenched her teeth and directed a glare at him.

Shifting his gaze away from Rei, Nagi observed the man who had approached. The man was dressed in a black pinstripe suit, complemented by black-framed glasses and brown dress shoes. His figure was thin and lanky, lacking any notable strength or speed.

"Who are you supposed to be?" Nagi asked bluntly. The man shook his head disapprovingly before responding, "Now, now, Tōshiro-kun. You shouldn't forget your very own homeroom teacher, right? Though I shouldn't be too surprised; all you did was sleep and stare out the window."

"However, for those who don't know who I am, allow me to introduce myself," he said, bowing in a dramatic fashion before looking at Nagi. "My name is Shido Koichi, the homeroom teacher of Class 2D. Now that my introduction is out of the way, I need to address something."

"We need a leader," Shido announced as his demeanor shifted. "To keep fights and disagreements like this from breaking out I think we should try this little idea of mine."

Fixing her glasses, Saya looked at him and said, "And let me guess, you're going to run for the position." Leaning over her seat, Shido responded, "I'm a teacher, Takagi-san, and you are all students. I'm the only one qualified to do so. So, how about it, y'all? If you agree with little old me... would you please clap your hands?"

At his words, everyone sitting in the back applauded, endorsing his speech and electing him as their leader. After bowing to his supporters, he turned towards the group with his arms spread wide. "There. It's been decided. The majority seems to have made their choice quite clear, wouldn't you agree?"

"Eight voters against our seven, I would have to agree, Shido-sensei. However, that doesn't mean we have to unquestioningly follow your orders," Nagi retorted. Shido narrowed his eyes in response and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Throughout history there have been a noticeable two ways of dealing with a manipulative tyrant," Nagi said as he stood up. "One is to overthrow the tyrant by building a faction to dismantle the group from within, or simply kill the leader."

His words sent a chill down the students' spines, as he casually mentioned killing someone, and his never changing expression and monotone voice only added to the tension. Despite his fear, Shido asked, "And what is the other way?"

Walking towards Shizuka, he pressed a button and retrieved his bag before turning to face everyone. "Simply leaving," he stated plainly. His answer confused most of them, but Saeko and Saya seemed to understand. "Trying to overthrow your rule would be a hassle, and I prefer not to exert more effort than necessary. Besides, by leaving, I can at least be free."

As Nagi stepped out of the bus, Rei shot up from her seat and soon followed, with Takashi calling out to her. Landing on the ground, she looked back at Takashi and responded, "I agree with Nagi! There's no way in hell I am ever going to travel with that bastard!"

"It sounds like I won't be able to change their mind. They're a lost cause..." Shido said, feigning a troubled expression. Turning towards him in anger, Takagi replied, "How can you even say that?!"