The beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

"𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒" she realized it as she sat down on the stiff white leather couch in her fathers childhood friend's office that gladly accepted to interview his old pals only daughter mostly because he wanted to see if another one ...

"𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒" she realized it as she sat down on the stiff white leather couch in her fathers childhood friend's office that gladly accepted to interview his old pals only daughter mostly because he wanted to see if another one of the Ivanov children grew up looking like marble statues carved by Michael Angelo he wondered what gene what food the Ivanov's were eating that ended giving the children godlike looks

Vladislav knew it was wrong to sneak glances at the young girl he couldn't help it she looked nothing like dmitri she was a pretty little thing with a round youthful porcelain face and big raven doe-shaped eyes her eyebrows were in the shapes of half moons and thin nose upturned and doll-like her long black hair voluminous and fluffy in a simple braid and reached below her knees she wore a white satin shirt underneath her blazer tucked neatly into her black skirt a black wool coat resting on her shoulders Ilya had red lipstick and almost no makeup on her face she was stunning a picture perfect politician maybe a bit too perfect for some.

Ilya looked around leaning back in her seat she noticed the door slightly open and people peeking in and whispering Ilya smiled at them chuckling in dismissal glancing up at Vlad as he approached to greet and shake her hand both of them exchanging useless and polite pleasantries he offered Ilya coffee she instead asked for a cigarette to sooth her nerves even if she would never admit it that she was shaking in her tight little ridiculously extravagant clothes

Vlad began setting up the voice recorder leaning back on the desk sitting comfortably as he offered her a lucky strike cigarette causing Ilya to scowl mentally at the brand feeling put off and disgusted but alas she accepted it nonetheless and taking a drag and blowing out the nicotine smoke and leaned back her shoulders dropping slightly .

"Well little Ilyana ... I remember you as a little impish girl running around with your father in his office how fast time flies by eh? .."
Vlad laughed out patting Ilya on the head making her eyes soften at the fatherly affection she got from the much older man and she sighed softly her whole demeanor softening and melting into a puddle at the slightest affection from a older man .. how pathetic she reminded herself that she was a Ivanov and that her deeply rooted daddy issues and trauma could wait to after her first ever political interview.

"Ah yes ! I was a wild one eh? It is so good to see you again Vlad ! I remember sitting in my fathers lap or laying in-front of the fireplace of his office and we would listen to his old Russian records and intellectual debates on his vinyl while working on my homework .... What simple times they were that man thought me everything I hope to be like him in my career as the woman of the people... a true politician "
Ilya passionate lied out through her teeth trying not to burst out laughing at the lies she spewed out about her blissful days at her father's office but she knew the truth and that was enough Ilya glanced around his modest and classic office and she noticed the growing fondness she started feeling for the older man and she cursed and scolded herself in her head no daddy issues at her most important interview of her life ! Ilya begged her emotions to keep calm