All Is Not Well

Anastasia
I am waiting for this rain to stop. I can't sit here in this coffee shop all day. I start typing the rest of my book and wait a few more minutes. My books are selling very well and I have to go back to the United States to see about my parents estate. I gave my notice to my boss and to my apartment manager. I really don't want to go back after the incident at Seattle Independent Publishing Company because it was a nightmare and I nearly went to prison for killing my boss. They dismissed all the charges, but only after I was found guilty in the court and the public's eyes. The newspapers were tearing me apart and I couldn't do my job because of paparazzi swarming around all the time. Jack Hyde made a huge mistake when he tried to force me to have sex with him. He had drugged me and I realized it and fought him before I felt the full effects of it and hit him with a kick so hard it put him through a window and the glass slit his throat. They got me to the hospital and did a drug test and they misplaced the drug tests and I was found guilty of murder. There were no witnesses to him sexually assaulting me. Just my word against his and then he figured he could try again and no one would know the truth because I cried wolf again. Luckily my attorney had investigators and were able to recover all the lost evidence in Elizabeth Morgan's apartment. She was in HR and had been covering up for Jack Hyde. She's in jail now. She got to his apartment and covered up for him there as well. She was in love with him and his death at my hands made her seek revenge by the way of my spending my life in prison. After the verdict was handed down and I spent thirty days in prison my appeal was heard because other women came forward and Elizabeth was arrested and she hadn't did away with anything. It was all there in a box with mementos of their life together and she had his laptop with his raping his assistants and drugging them.

Jose Jr.
I am waiting to pick up Anastasia from the airport. She's coming back finally after three years in London. It is a sad homecoming. Her parents died in a car crash and she has to come and see to their funerals. She said she would call me back when she got her affairs in order and her flight numbers. Seeing it was across the pond there might be several. She told me to bring a big truck for her things. She was moving back for good. The house in Montesano is so very quiet and echos are prevalent in it. We got it ready for her and threw out the bad food and cleaned what little that needed it. Dad made sure no one broke into the woodworking building that Ray did his work in. He called people who had ordered furniture and let them know that Ray died in a car wreck. He had the things delivered that were scheduled for delivery and collected the money owed to Ray but had them put Anastasia Steele in the pay to the order of. He brought the obituaries with him as evidence of their deaths. Anastasia is the only one who could request the death certificates. Suddenly I see Anastasia with two men following her with her luggage and she had one as well. She probably broke the bank paying for that luggage. I open up the back of the truck and she is right I needed the truck. After fifteen minutes she tips the guys a fifty dollar bill each and thanks them for all their help. I guess they did deserve that much. I hug her and we get in the truck and drive to her home. She is making all kinds of calls to the attorney and the health and welfare office for death certificates for her parents and the morgue to get what she needs to get them. A lot of calling and she calls the funeral home and sets up a time for viewing and buying their caskets and everything else, their plots are already bought. Headstones needs purchased and engraved. Burial notices need to be made after they get the dates and times. She has to call the insurance companies and she has thought all this through. It took us a long time to get everything inside the house she takes her bags to her bedroom. The rest she leaves in the living room for now. I was hoping to stay the night to comfort her, but she said she needed time alone. My friend will never be more than a friend even though I want more it won't happen.

Anastasia
I can't have him staying here thinking something will come of it. I like him as a friend and nothing else. The phone is continuously ringing and I just go to bed and hope they will stop calling. I am so exhausted and I just fall asleep and finally wake up at six am the next morning. I go looking for fresh food in the fridge. A note is left by Jose Sr telling me he replaced the ok'd food with new food after hearing that I was coming home. A very nice man, who had hopes for me and his son marrying but knew it wouldn't happen. At least he's not delusional.

Jose Sr
Why the sour face? He is mad because she didn't want him to stay the night to comfort her. I asked if he said it that way and he said he just asked if she needed him to stay the night because he could. I tell him to give up and find someone who wants more than just friendship. She barely contacted him while she was over in London after he asked her to marry him in the middle of the worst time of her life. When she was facing a life in prison. He thought she was desperate enough to finally marry him. Ray and Carls wouldn't speak to him again and Anastasia just barely answered his calls.