peace? nah i don't think so (3)

it was awkward. very very awkward. it was clear now that they could do nothing except to wait around for the next part timer worker to come and let them out.

and the fact that there was not much signal to make a call didn't helped either but it was a good try.  "stop jumping up and down hyung, its not gonnna work" jungkook said. it was annoying by itself that he had to come out of his bed all the way here and now that he was stuck with hobi doing whatever he can to get a signal and chaeyoung who was still trying the door lock, they were really testing his patience. 

"its not gonna work either chaeyoung. we are stuck here until someone opens the door from outside"

"yeah well i will do what i want" and i don't wanna stay in this room with you or i am gonna blow up. but she didn't said that part.

"we can clearly do nothing till the next part timer comes so stop wasting your energy" by the tone of his voice chaeyoung was certainly tell that he was frustrated.

"he's right chae we gotta wait" hobi added as soon as he saw chaeyoung and jungkook staring at each other. both of them refusing to back down.

it was like a silent battle going on between them with their eyes. chaeyoung didn't knew where all this anger came from all of a sudden.

come on fight with me!

but he didn't. she could see the anger on his face but he kept his calm and here chaeyoung was about to blow up with all of the sudden anger. she didn't knew why she wanted to fight with him so desperately, all she wanted was someone to take this anger out on someone.

even hobi was alerted by the sudden tension in the room and decided to leave the room. "if we are stuck here we might as well have something to snack on. i will be back in 10 minutes" 

but chaeyoung couldn't hear anything except fighting of voices inside her head. why the hell am i being like this!

"come on sit with me" jungkook said. well that was unexpected.

"i am not gonna give you what you want so we might as well sit and talk like normal human beings?" he added.

there was no point in fighting with him on this and chaeyoung didn't had anything better do so she walked towards him and sit down beside him. 

"so you cool now?" by the look on his face, she could tell that he knew that she was anxious.

"look i am really sorry for earlier. i don't know what took over me-"

"its alright i get it. you were just anxious and that anxiousness turned into anger"

but chaeyoung couldn't help but feel guilty. she wondered if it had been someone else and they could have not kept their calm then what could have happened.

"stop feeling guilty already. you are a human being and humans have emotions. i don't blame you for having emotions." his voice was so comforting that chaeyoung felt like she could sleep while he whispered words into her ear. 

"thank you." that was all she could say as they both looked at each other.

"but i do have one question" he said.

"what?"

"why were you so anxious? i mean i know its your exam tomorrow but there must be something else too because you were in full panic mode." he added to his question.

chaeyoung knew that this question was coming and why wouldn't it when she just made a big show about it.

"uh"  it could be good to finally share some of the load she was carrying with her but it could be disastrous at the same time if he told anyone else.

but for some reason chaeyoung was looking more at the good side because she trusted him enough which was unusual of her to trust someone this quick but he was something else. she didn't knew how by some words he had won her trust but here we were.

"you know in your kinder gardens teacher ask what is your goal of your life. i have had only one since then. i had to prove something to someone." she said.

"i wanted to prove that i didn't needed them and i could do it on my own" she added.

" i wanted to be worthy of myself" she chuckled.

"i wanted to show that everything i lost was a step i took forward. it was just not a loss" and she finally met her his eyes as she finished.

she could not quite read what he was feeling by looking at his eyes, he just kept his gaze on her. to hide away from his gaze she turned towards the other side.

"clearly i am not doing a great job at it" she thought a joke could lighten up the mood but nope he still kept looking at her.

just as she was about to stand up, jungkook grabbed her hand and intertwined them making her sit back down.

"you are going a wonderful job at it chaeyoung"  

and thud! cliché enough but her heart and her breathing stopped for a second. it was the first time anyone had noticed that invisible battle she was fighting with herself and praised her for it.

she should have been pulling out her hand and run away since he was still someone she didn't knew that well but she wasn't. she found herself leaning more in his warm embrace of her hand. she found herself wanting more of that comforting voice. if she could just lean a bit more and keep her head on his shoulder and-

"the snacks are ready to go!" hobi's voice came and chaeyoung snapped her neck to his direction, startled . she looked back at jungkook but the moment was already broken. 

they both quickly let go of each other's hand and stand up. it was silence now. shit, chaeyoung had not thought of what would happen after their moment. 

" thanks hyung but i am gonna go look out the door to see if anyone is coming." it was jungkook who spoke up first and left hurriedly towards the door.

"ookay werido" hobi said.

just as they both settled down to eat, a scream came from the door. and the question in chaeyoung and hobi's mind was same. "was that a girl's scream?"

they both quickly rushed to the door and found not only just jungkook but someone else too.

"jisoo, jennie, taehyung? what are you all doing here?" chaeyoung asked. but it seemed like they didn't had any answers because they were busy looking anywhere but at chaeyoung.

"and what the hell was that scream?" this time hobi asked.

all of the uninvited guests actually looked shocked this time by finding hobi too inside.

"i was trying to see outside the window when they all opened up the door and screamed looking at me. but the question isn't that, the real question is how did you opened up the door?" jungkook said.

"wait a sec. did you all locked us inside?"

a/n:👀