XIX. FEVER DREAM

It was the darkest night

It was the darkest night. However, when I saw him, then and there I knew why some nights were starless. After all, their lights seemed to have been trapped on his sweet glittering eye smile. And I couldn't know anything anymore but the lights they bare.

~ Memory Journal: The Knight page 8 ~

⚠️🔞⚠️

Jungkook almost missed the call, thinking that the unknown number was onAe from his sasaengs. Good thing, his intuition told him to just fuck it and answer. Immediately, chills swirled all over his being the moment he heard her whimpering his name. He couldn't mistake it. It's his noona... his most awaited noona.

He couldn't believe It. He had been waiting for her call for some time now, he thought she had forgotten all about him. It pained him for thinking about the possibility but choose to wait and trust fate over their second meeting. After all, they are soulmates and they are destined to be together.

But alas for him, for as days passed by he couldn't help but think only of her. His conversations with his hyungs always swerves to him talking about meeting her. Unregretfully, he had almost torn their ears off with all his love-stricken rumblings. Love could be an understatement, but what word could be more fitting with how he has been feeling?

He only wishes nothing else for the time to come for her to remember him and call for him. For how many days, he could not do anything else but to wait.

A grin curves on his lips.

His wait is not in vain. He can meet her again. Hopefully, this will progress to something more... to something it should be.

Just over ahead is the hotel where she wants them to meet. It's not as elite as those five-star hotels in the middle of the city. It's not as popular, though it's decent and has the amenities that one needs. Recently, it had been renovated and is slowly gaining name around the area. Maybe, since it is far from the bustling center, more and more people have come to unwind. The café on its first floor is often times full. If it's up to him, he would choose more secluded hotel over it. Perhaps one that is high in security. However, it's conveniently close. He is very familiar with it as he often times drives pass it as he often times fetched his Jimin hyung from his new home. It's quite near his hyung's house, making him think if she perhaps has a house nearby. If ever, he would like to be in her house instead rather be in a hotel that anyone could pry and find out about him. But it is understandable, maybe she is not comfortable of inviting him in her home... or maybe, she is not living alone.

The thought of her having someone over other than him is something agitating. Does she have a lover? Isn't it why she didn't try to meet him? He is sure she knows him more than as the idol Jungkook. But it wouldn't it be egotistical if he too had tasted the carnal sins with other women? He is sure becoming possessive even just meeting her once. Nonetheless, he didn't know her... but she does know him. She's older... and she's...