Chap 1: Strangers

Start from the beginning

Once I'm done with the last piece of egg I kiss my mum goodbye and walk out the door. Our house isn't too far from school so I just walk to it most of the time. Sometimes my mum's not too busy to drive me there and other times the much more smaller times Noah drives me. I love those times when it's just the both of us in his car with him smiling at me till we get to school and then when we get into the double barred door it's like we don't know each other again. Since Noah became popular we never hang out as much as we used to.

I like to take the walk to school as an exercise because I need it. I think I lose about forty to fifty calories but when I start eating I gain more than my loss. It's a frustrating cycle of weight loss.

I get to school before the bell and I'm glad because before I usually miss it and sometimes first period because I'll probably stop to pant or whizz and that takes a long time. There was this one time I actually fainted on some old lady's shrubs but it was just a quick black out. I got revived by her cat peeing on my face. I smelled horrible that day.

I pick my trig text book out of my locker afterwards I head to my first class. I take a seat close to the window. Personally I like window seats because it gives off this calmness and I love it. It always gives me inspiration to draw. I love drawing. It's a hobby of mine that stuck since pre school. It helps me forget about all the bad stuff that happens and probably my size. It's kinda like therapeutic.

I could draw anything and sometimes I find myself drawning a cartoon version of Noah and I. The worst thing that could happen to me is if he saw those drawings. God, I'd cry out of embarrassment. It would be so awful if that happened.

The teacher walks in just as a few people and in the mist of those few people I could spot a very familiar one. Noah walks in as well and I find myself smiling. I see him walking towards my row so I put a hand up for him to see so he can sit next to me but he just walks past like I'm invincible or something. I quickly drop my hand hoping no one saw it but unfortunately the girls behind me did and so they share a laugh. I frown looking forward.

"Everyone open to page fourteen, we have a lot to catch up on there", Miss Emery says and we all open okay maybe some people. Others are either gossiping or just staring into space like Noah. He catches my eye and smiles. I look away. If he thinks I'm going to smile back then he's a joker.

After the class I pack my things. I'm usually slow and I honestly think it benefits me sometimes cause instead of pushing myself with other people just to get out the door I'm sitting here and just taking my time so when the door is all cleared I can go freely. Although it has a bad side which is the probability of getting late to the next class.

Once I'm done packing up. I get out of my seat and I'm shocked to meet Noah standing right in front of me.

"Hi Princess", he smiles with so much charm and it's like I'm getting lost in just his dimples. Get a hold of yourself Abby.

I try to move past him but he stops me. His smile turns upside down, "Hey what's wrong?", He asks and I sigh.

"Why did you avoid me just now?", I ask with a frown of my own.

"I didn't, you did", he says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah whatever", I say walking away he follows behind. I stop to look at him, "You're not following me to my next class, are you?", I question.

"I am",

"Why?",

"Because my next class is your next class. Have you suddenly forgotten our timetable?", He asks with a raised brow and realization washes over me. Oh yeah he's right, we have first and second together.

"Well with the way you miss classes these days I'm starting to forget you go here", I say and he chuckles.

"Don't be a meanie", he says ruffling my hair. I swat his hand.

"Noah do you know how long it took me to straighten this", I complain patting my hair down. I literally woke up early just to get it this straightened and it's not even close to perfect.

"Why'd you straighten it anyways?", He asks taking my hand in his. My heart is in my throat when we walk out of the class and into the hall way. Omg he's walking next to me and he's holding my freaking hand. This isn't a new thing but it's been so long since he's done something like this. Isn't he ashamed of walking with me? Doesn't he care if one his friends catches us walking together? Doesn't he care what they'd say about it?.

"I..", I trail totally forgetting what he was asking about.

"Trying to impress someone?", he asks with squinted eyes. Of course, I'm trying to make you look at me and it's like it worked today huh?. I shake my head.

"No, it was just too frizzy and hard to brush", I tell him and he nods. I notice the stares so I look down at my feet. They're all probably wondering what he's doing with me.

"Hey Abby", he calls out so I look up. "Can I come over tonight?". I'm both bewildered and happy. Is there any need to ask? I mean, c'mon.

"Of course", I say and he smiles. I smile back.

We walk into class and he lets go of my hand going to sit at the end of the class where his friends are. I guess he is embarrassed by me. I won't blame him. I mean, if I was hot and sexy like he was I wouldn't wanna hang out with a blob like me.

I move to sit by the window as usual. The teacher walks in and everyone settles down. He starts teaching and I'm lost scribbling stuff on my note. The class ends and I couldn't be more happier. It's finally lunch time. Like usual I'm the last to leave the class due to my deliberate slow packing.

Noah already left the class and I would like to say I don't care but I do. I actually miss the times where we went to lunch together. Just the two of us in a table but now I sit alone and he sits with the cool and popular kids cause that's what he is now, cool and popular and I could never match up to that level so the chances of him hanging out with me are very slim.

Sometimes I wonder if he still believes in the friendship we once had. A friendship that was so tight. It's almost unbelievable that we've become strangers all of a sudden.