chapter six - matt pov

we pull up to what i think is the outside of her building.

"chris roll your window down, she said she's waiting outside," i tell him. why am i so nervous?

chris sees her before i do, and he starts waving her over to the car. nick scoots over so he's sitting behind me, and kenna gets in behind chris.

she looks so good. i'm adding this to my list of reasons why i hate that i'm the only one who can drive. i want to look at her more, but i can't.

we all yell hey, and chris turns his music down so he can talk to her. i'm glad that they got more on board with the idea of her coming over, cause i think they wish they got to know her better in high school too.

"i'm not gonna lie, i was really surprised when matt told us he randomly ran into you," nick says.

chris laughs and says, "we had no idea you were out here."

i can see through the rearview mirror that she's smiling.

"i was surprised too honestly, even though i knew you guys lived here. so don't feel too bad."

we all laugh. something about the way that she already feels comfortable with us is so attractive. we're all firing questions at her on the drive back home, and i feel a little bad cause we haven't shut up. especially chris, but she doesn't seem to mind. there's not even a second of awkwardness, which is so nice. somehow i knew there wouldn't be.

i park the car and as we're all heading inside, i realize that i like her. and that scares the shit out of me.