|67| The past that hunts us

Beginne am Anfang

"Just like that, you are doing so well. Don't stop okay? In and out. In and out." She whispers looking at me. Her eyes focused yet full of worry.

In and out.

"That's it, see, you are doing it." She tells me as she keeps on breathing with me for a few more seconds until I'm finally able to control it.

"Gracias, dios gracias," I whisper the moment my brain allows me to form words, and as I lay my head against her chest seeking that comfort I know she can only give me. (Thank you, god, thank you.)

"It's okay. You are okay." She hugs me against her body at the same time one of her hands moves up to my head and starts to play with my now sweaty hair.

I focus on her heartbeat and soft fingers running through it while I keep inhaling and exhaling the way she told me to do, slowly yet deeply, and after a little while my heart finally starts to settle and my hands stop shaking. And all of a sudden I feel like I'm freezing but the warmness of her body against mine balances it out perfectly.

"Everything will be okay." She says once again still not letting go of me. "I'm here, you aren't alone. We will do this together."

I nod against her chest and then I mutter "I'm sorry." Even if she told me not to.

"Don't, please. I'm the one who is sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you." She whispers letting go of me and putting her hands around my face making me look at her. Guilt flooding her stunning brown eyes. "I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"Don't be." I whisper back at her placing my forehead against hers and putting my hand around the back of her neck. "I will call Nathan, you are right, this is not the way to go. I will figure something out."

"You are making the right decision." She mutters before I bring her closer by her neck and kiss her lips tenderly.

She kisses me back and before I even notice my free hand has already moved down to her waist, pulling her closer. Her body fits perfectly against mine, every inch seems to have been to be made for me and the connection between us is like nothing I have ever felt before. She makes me feel everything I thought I would never be able to feel again and she makes it a thousand times more powerful.

And as much as it scares me I know there's no way back anymore.

I love her.

More than anything or anyone in this world.

And if I wasn't a coward, if I didn't feel the need to hide every time something didn't go the way I expected it to go I would tell her. Hell, I would shout it through the rooftops for everyone to hear. But sadly and as much as I hate it, fear still rules my mind and heart, and the only thing I can hope for is that someday I will be able to step out from my hiding place and never look back.

"We will be okay." She whispers against my lips our faces still inches away from each other.

And this time I know she is the one trying to convince herself.

Author's note

As always if you are here ty for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Hope I was able to portray how Carlos is actually feeling and what all this is doing to him. It's hard to put a panic attack into words I tried my best but I admit my knowledge isn't very big even if I did read some stuff.

Also giving clues of how this will develop... remember that you all love me <3 I promise that like Carlos I also have a plan. 🤞🏻I don't mess it up.

Question, what are we thinking about this whole situation? Any theories, thoughts about Mia's reaction and her telling Carlos he needs professional help? I love reading everyone's opinions and thoughts.

Extra love,
Maria