𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶

Kuroko met Momoi, Kise, and Kasamatsu at the front entrance to the Interhigh gym. The invisible man wasn't expecting to see the third year with his two ex-teammates, but the Kaijo captain could only shrug at him once Kise and Momoi started leading the way into the building.

The two lagged behind as much as they could for Kasamatsu to try and casually whisper to Kuroko.

"Kise dragged me this way as soon as he saw me on the way to school. Don't know why and I didn't even get to plan ahead. I'm pretty much-cutting class right now cause he didn't take no for an answer."

Kuroko gave a non-commital hum and continued facing forwards. Normally, Momoi and Kise would be hanging off of him right now. They always took advantage of skin contact when Aomine wasn't around.

"This must be Momoi's doing, then. I don't know what she wants you to see, but I have a hard time imagining she knows we know each other. Her information network is vast, but even she has difficulty getting information on me if I don't tell her."

One of Kasamatsu's eyebrows shot up as he gave the younger teen an incredulous look.

"Something tells me people don't get much of anything from you if you don't want them to."

Another hum met Kasamatsu's statement.

"I am not a difficult person to get along with. Besides, with my presence, most people don't tend to need anything from me."

"Hey! What are you two chatting about!? I want to walk next to Kurokocchi!"

Kasamatsu's side glance shot directly to the annoyingly loud blonde facing their direction.

"I'm introducing myself to your friend, moron! You don't have the common courtesy to introduce yourself to someone?! Learn some manners!"

The pinkette giggled at Kise's scandalized face as the two stragglers caught up. Momoi gently bumped her shoulder into Kuroko's and tried to offer him a gentle smile.

"I doubt it helps with Kasamatsu-san's fear of girls, Ki-chan. You shouldn't be too hard on your captain."

The model continued to pout at being scolded by two people while Kasamatsu's face widened into shock. The third year fumbled with his words, trying to think of a way to continue the conversation, but wound up struggling in silence while they continued on their way.

The four made it to court-side seats by the time the teams were filing out to start warm-ups. Momoi sat down immediately, leaving the boys to shuffle around. While Kasamatsu wanted to sit by Kuroko and vice versa, the third year wasn't able to force himself near the girl of their group and Kise had taken advantage of his halting movement to nudge the Phantom into a seat between his old schoolmates.

It was probably bound to end up with the seating arrangement as Momoi-Kuroko-Kise-Kasamatsu, especially with how Kuroko and Kasamatsu weren't meant to know each other in this context, but it was still weird sitting beside the excitable blonde.

Kise immediately turned sideways to watch Kuroko attentively, reminiscent of a golden retriever staring intently at its owner.

"So, Kurokocchi! You really think Seirin doesn't have a chance?"

"You should know, Kise-kun, that the only time a team has truly lost is when they give up. If they have the spirit, they will always have a chance. What I do not believe in is that they have the spirit to keep up with Midorima. He might have looked down on the games you all played, but his abilities are the most mentally draining of any of us."

Kise laughed and Momoi tried to force a polite smile, but it looked more like a grimace on her features.

"You shouldn't sell yourself short, Kurokocchi! Your abilities were probably the most frustrating for everyone we played against since the idiots seemed to think they could stop you! Ha! Imagine thinking that just because you're small that they could intercept your plays. At least with Midorimacchi, they could reason that his high-arch shots can't be blocked."