Dear Peter, Sincerely, Bethany

"Hello! Bethany? Are you there?" Jack's voice rang through Bethany's phone.

  "Yes, I'm here," Bethany said into the microphone.

  "So, since it is a day off for everyone, Tom and I were wondering if you would like to accompany us for a picnic," Jack proposed.

  "Oh, it's fine. You really don't need to take me along on your date," Bethany declined, suddenly feeling a bit like a third wheel.

  "No, no. We are inviting you to come join us," Jack persisted.

  "I'm sorry Jack, but I know you both would be happier if it was just the two of you," Bethany declined once again.

  "Bethany, I'm not going to take no for an answer," Jack sighed.

  "But," Bethany started."

  "No buts," Jack snapped.

  "Jack," Bethany said sternly.

  "Bethany," Jack imitated.

  "Alright, I'll come," Bethany sighed, giving in.

  "Okay, good. Meet us at the park at one, bye" Jack said before hanging up. Bethany checked the clock hanging from the wall and noticed that it was already twelve forty-five. She gave an amused sigh and headed out to the park.

  "Bethany! Over here!" Jack yelled. Tom, who was desperately trying to get him not to cause too much of a disturbance, wasn't doing much of a good job. Bethany waved at Jack and he shut up, knowing that she had seen them.

  "So, why did you insist on me coming here?" Bethany asked with a slightly raised eyebrow.

  "Well it's-" Jack started, but Tom cut him off.

  "I'm hungry, do you guys want to eat first?" Tom asked, throwing a playful glare at Jack.

  "Oh yeah! I'm hungry also. Guess what I made," Jack grinned from ear to ear. He proceeded to pull out triangle cut sandwiches from a cooler and displayed them to Bethany.

  "Out of all the things you can make, you make sandwiches?" Bethany laughed, holding up a sandwich.

  "Yeah, and they're cut into triangles because some people can't handle the squares," Jack said rolling his eyes at her. They ate their sandwiches with conversations laced in between, then at the end of the hour, Tom spoke up.

  "Well Bethany, I know you've probably been wondering why Jack was so insistent on you coming here today," Tom said smoothly and she nodded.

  "It's because we got you tickets to California!" Jack cried.

  "What?" Bethany's jaw dropped. "You're joking!"

  "No! We're not!" Tom chuckled.

  "But, why?" Bethany sputtered.

  "Because we wanted you to find love like we did," Tom shrugged, "and I'm sure this Peter guy is as wonderful as you say he is."

  "I've got to repay you guys though," Bethany proclaimed.

  "No, no. It's fine," Jack shrugged.

  "No, seriously. I want to repay you guys," Bethany urged, "I was actually saving up for a trip there myself."

  "Well, save your money," Tom said.

  "No, I'll repay you," Bethany insisted, "and I won't take no for an answer."

  "Okay, okay," Jack sighed, "But you better start planning because the departure is in about two weeks."

  "Thank you guys," Bethany grinned.

---

   Bethany hurried home and picked up her mail in a rush. A single envelope silently slipped from the stack in her hands and twirled its way down to the ground, unnoticed. Back in her home she rifled through the mail to see no letters from Peter, sighing she sat down to write a quick letter to Peter.

 Dear Peter,

     Guess what! I'm coming to California! AHHHH I'm so excited to see you and everyone else again. Hopefully you get this before I actually leave. But I'm so excited! Can't wait to see you!

 Sincerely,

                     Bethany 

________________________________________________________

ASDFGHJKL: She's going back to CALI and she dropped Peter's letter :(

well the next chapter is gonna be the last one I believe and I'm probably gonna be spending more time to complete Double Trouble so I can work on this new book Idea I have. Might post the synopsis on the next chapter of this book also ;) 

Vote & COMMENT 

Miss_terious