11- The Collar

"Property? Hell no." Draco laughed, to which Samael joined in.

"What would you prefer?"

Draco thought for a moment. What was a better saying than property. Ownership? Leadership? Belonging? Possession? Dominion? He didn't like the ones that sounded like he owned his friend.

"Asset?" Draco asked. Immediately, the dog tag changed to 'Asset of Draco Malfoy'. Asset. That was nice way to describe it. It was as if Samael was more of a helping hand than his property.

Draco nodded in approval before Samael buckled it onto his wrist.

"I can spell it so that in grimm form it goes around my neck. A dog with a bracelet would be weird."

Draco nodded in response. "Just having it around your neck in human form is weird. At least it belongs around a dog's neck."

Samael looked at the bracelet with a small smile before giving his friend a hug and they walked out the the great hall together, Samael beside Draco in grimm form with a brand new collar around his dog neck.

As the day wore on, too many people asked Samael about his bracelet/collar. Too many, yet a good way to set their publicity sceme into motion.

In potions, Mia and a few other Samael didn't know the name of were quite interested in it, and read the tag before asking the questions.

"I thought you were an animagus?" Mia had asked.

"No, not an animagus. An animagus is a human that can turn into an animal. I'm from s family of grimms who can turn into humans. In my family, when you turn eleven you feel the pull to the person you're supposed to protect and serve. It was only luck that I also got a Hogwarts letter. First in my family." Samael explained.

"Like a Humagus." Mia replied.

"Exactly!"

"Does that mean Draco owns you?"

"Not so much ownership, more partnership."

"So Draco really did tame a grimm?"

"Yeah, well, he kind of had to for us to get to this point." Samael shrugged.

"Wow!" Mia exclaimed before running over to s few of her fellow hufflepuffs and getting the word out.

In charms, Professor Flitwick had a similar question for Samael.

"Mister Grimm, that bracelet of yours is interesting." He said the moment Samael walked in.

"Thank you, Professor." Samael replied.

"I can't help but notice the beautiful engraving! Can I ask what it means?" Professor Flitwick asked politely.

"Of course. It's simply a physical symbol of my familiar-ship to Draco Malfoy. You see, I'm a grimm, not an animagus. I am able to become a human and be bond to one as well. As per being a familiar, and a magical being tied to a student here I am allowed to enroll. I've actually charmed it so it is around my neck in Grimm form and around my wrist in human form, to make the placement less awkward in both forms." Samael explained, all the other students already in their seats.

"My, my! That's quite the complicated charm, Mister Grimm. A replacement charm! Charms like that require some heavy spell-building and rewording! How ever did you learn such a charm?" Professor Flitwick asked, eyeing the bracelet.

"I came across it in a book I read in the library here. Draco thought it was best that I didn't have a collar around my neck in human form, so I managed to master the charm. In a familiar-ship such as mine, a physical representation is important, as it helps me know when I am needed, and when I need him in return." Samael explained.

"Wow! Mister Grimm, would you mind showing the class exactly how this works? I was actually planning to teach the class some beginner level spell-building and rewording today."

"I wouldn't mind at all." Samael replied with a smile. Professor Flitwick excitedly ran to his podium before clearing his throat and speaking to the class.

"Attention, everyone! Mister Grimm has generously agreed to show you all a complicated charm he has mastered. Today I will be teaching Spell-building and rewording, so please pay close attention as the charm he has used is a replacement charm, which can either replace certain objects with others by trigger or move the placement of a certain object." Flitwick declared before he letting Samael step to the front of the class and hold up his bracelet to them all.

After a short explanation of what the collar was, he shifted into a grimm to show them. They all oohed and aahed at the performance before Samael switched back to human form and took his seat beside Draco.

Draco gave him a thankful thumbs up, to which Samael replied with a wolfish grin.