1- The Pound

Harry was quickly blood adopted by Sirius, leading to Harry's appearance changing slightly and him also regaining a few of Sirius's other traits.

From Harry's skinny and small form with a puff of dark brown hair and green eyes, he became taller, stronger and his hair became jet black and curlier. Harry also became what Sirius taught him was an Animagus.

Someone who could shift into an animal. Since James' animagus genes didn't seem to pass on to Harry, but Sirius' did, Harry's animagus was a Grimm. A large black dog.

With an unlimited library of books at Harry's disposal, and Sirius teaching him as much as possible, Harry became a prodigy. He claimed his Lordships and Heirships on his tenth birthday, as well as the properties and vaults that came with it. In no time at all, Sirius had become a father to Harry. Soon, just a few months before Harry's eleventh birthday, and also the time he would be receiving his Hogwarts letter, Harry decided to go for a run.

As usual, before he went on a run, Sirius reminded his son. "No magic in front of muggles, stay safe, no mentioning anything about magic in front of muggles, no shifting in front of muggles, and come back before dinner." "I will, don't worry." Harry smiled. "Alright. Have fun, pup." Sirius told him.

Harry shifted smoothly before bolting out the door, forgetting entirely that muggle pets usually have collars the keep them from getting taken.

He ran into the nearby forest of Twelve Grimmauld Place, running straight through it with a smile on his snout before he came to the other end of the forest. His fault for not seeing ahead that a big puppy dubbed a Grimm without a collar walking around in a busy street with people might be a bad idea. Many people looked at him, some even tried to pet him, but he growled threateningly at them.

That was enough for the pound to be called. With a crowd of people around, the pound pulled the growling puppy into a cage just big enough for him, and threw him into their truck.

He would have just transformed and walked out, but he as a human wouldn't have fit and the cage and he was entirely sure that the workers at the pound were muggles. 'No shifting in front of muggles.' His father's words came to him. His father. He must be worried sick. There was no clock, and there were no windows, so he had no way of telling the time, or the day. But his stomach growled, and he knew that is was dinner time and he was expected back home. Boy, was he going to get an earful from Padfoot when he got back.

He stayed hopeful of going home, but time and time again he fell asleep only to wake up in the same room, in the same cage, stacked upon other cages of animals. All the animals were let out once a day for an hour, except Harry (Other than Potty time). It appeared that all the animals on the bottom row of cages weren't let out. Simply because of their size or their looks or their breeds, they were expected to be violent. Or because whenever anyone got close to Harry he would growl at them until they left.

Most of the others were violent, though. They barked and growled and bit at there cages time and time again, pitbulls and other fierce looking dogs. Harry may have joined them a few times in his earlier days, but as time passed he became too tired to protest and just resigned to eating the disgusting kibble only as much as he needed to survive and slept until the next day.

Harry began to count the days by how many times the other animals were let out of their cages. They all looked old, diseased and traumatized. By Harry's count, it's been a month since he was taken, and knowing Padfoot he would be blaming himself and searching for him all over. the thought brought fresh tears into his eyes. He whined loudly, and a worker heard this.

The worker had very short brown hair and brown eyes, with the name tag 'Josh'. Josh sat down in front of Harry's cage, though not without a low growl from Harry, which Josh ignored. Josh was young, maybe only half a decade older than harry. "Hey, it's okay. You probably have a family don't you? You don't look like you're off the streets. Wish I could help you out, but without a collar I don't know how..." Josh said.

Harry whined again, trying to communicate. He liked Josh. He was nice, and not as boring. Suddenly, Harry heard the bell chime meaning that someone had entered the pound, most likely to rescue another tiny puppy.