7- Dorms

Samael heard a few whispers at the name, but even more chatter erupted as he walked up the steps to the stool in his Grimm form. Halfway up the steps, he shifted to his person, and many of the younger students could be heard yelling things like "Hot Damn!" or "Wow."

The hat touched his head and suddenly he could hear it talk. 'mmh, Harry Potter. I've been excited to meet you. Sorry, Samael Grimm. Let's see here. You're clearly very brave and loyal... maybe gryffindor? But you're also so kind and oh that thirst for knowledge! My my, it's been a while since i've met someone that was this hard to sort. You could go in Slytherin. All that cunningness and good lord the ambition and cleverness in you. You have a piece of every house evenly! Maybe slytherin, since slytherin is a little like all the houses together? You have friends there too. But then you are so loyal and all you're family had been in gryffindor. hmm.... what to choose what to choose. I could go with Hufflepuff? I have heard people say that everyone gets sorted and the rest go to Hufflepuff, but that's not true. It is true you have all the traits of a Hufflepuff. Kindness, Justice, Loyalty, Patience and Hard work. But the same could be said for any of the other houses. You're so intelligent and witty I might have to send you to Ravenclaw... No, Slytherin. Because Slytherin are Loyal, Clever, Determined, and overall just a lot of the other houses mixed together. That's it, I've decided on it. Slytherin.'

The Hat rambled. "If you've decided you should call it out." Samael pointed out. The hat grumbled. It had most definitely, not decided. "I have friends in Slytherin-" Samael started but the hat interrupted him. "Slytherin!" The hat yelled.

Everyone cheered and a few gave him a standing ovation, yelling "HATSTALL! HATSTALL!" and "NEW RECORD!" from their words, Samael gathered that he had just gained the new record for longest Hatstall.

He walked down the platform and say down beside Draco. "Hey Pansy, Blaise. Hey, Vanilla." As casually as possible. "Vanilla?" Pansy asked curiously. "Sam says I smell like vanilla so he won't stop calling me that because if I give him a nickname he has to give me one too." Draco said. "He's got a wicked sense of smell. When i first met him he said he could smell I had magic and wasn't a muggle."

"Wow! What do I smell like?" Pansy asked, offering up her arm for Samael to smell. "Right now, I can only smell all the food on the table." Samael said, pointing at how to food had appeared. "Later then?" Pansy asked, to which Samael nodded.

"Me too, in that case." Blaise said, raising his hand. "I kinda wanna know what my scent au naturalle is?" He said in what Samael assumed to be his 'old rich man' voice. "Alright." Samael laughed a little.

After they finished stuffing their stomachs, The prefects from each house lead their houses to their common room. It was two to a dorm in the Slytherin dormitories, and lucky for Draco and Samael they got the same dorm. Everyone settled in and picked out their beds before Pansy, Blaise, Draco and Samael all met in the common room.

Immediately, Samael approached Pansy, he leaned in, sniffed, leaned back and scrunched his nose. "Fish." He said, though he cracked a small smile. "Hey!" Pansy said. "Ok, ok. I'm sorry." Samael apologized insincerely before he leaned back in and took a sniff.

"Nectarines." Samael said. "Awesome." Pansy replied, a sparkle in her eye. "Me next!" Blaise said, walking over. Samael leaned in and sniffed, "Jasmine." He said. Many of the other people in the common room soon learned what Samael was doing and a line formed.

"Morning Dew."

"Cherry."

"Cinnamon."

"Eucalyptus."

"Sandalwood."

"Roses."

"Ylang-Ylang."

"Musk."

"Spearmint."

"Frankincense."

"Bubblegum."

"Old books."

"Coconut."

It seemed that Samael was getting to be quite popular. Popular, but also extremely tired, Draco noticed. "Okay, Everyone. Samael's tired. Can he go to sleep? We can continue tomorrow." Draco said as he patted his tall friend's back and lightly shoved him towards the dormitories.

Samael was walking all sluggish, and it seemed that sniffing and recognizing so many scents was a bit tiring. Draco yawned. Or maybe it was just the fact that it's been a fairly long day and they had classes tomorrow. "G'night Blaise and Pansy." Draco said as he followed Samael up to their dorm.

Both boys sluggishly got ready for bead before flopping down and getting comfortable. "Good night, Vanilla." Harry said before closing his eyes. "Good night, Sam." Draco replied before both boys fell asleep.