5- Padfoot and his Pup

Har- Samael was given a temporary room in the Malfoy Manor, just until he could reach Padfoot.

Samael had borrowed an owl, some parchment and a quill before scribbling down a letter to his dad. He explained that he was safe, he explained what had happened and he told him about his plans for Hogwarts and where he was.

Samael gave the owl the long rolled up parchment and she looked at him, asking him if he was really going to make her deliver an essay. Harry stroked her head apologetically and the owl rolled her eyes at him, though she leaned into the touch. She flew off after Samael told her where to go.

Seconds later, Vanilla knocked on his door. "Come in." He said. "Sam. It's dinner time if you're hungry. Birthday Dinner, so we have only the best foods."

"Happy Birthday. Sam?" Samael asked, eyebrow raised. Vanilla's cheeks turned strawberry. "It's a nickname." Draco said. "If you're giving me a nickname I'm giving you one." Sam said stubbornly. Draco eyed him suspiciously. Without any hesitation, Sam said "Vanilla. That's your nickname."

"Vanilla!?" Draco cried. "Why!?"

"You smell like Vanilla. Now let's go eat. I haven't eaten anything but kibble in a month." Samael said casually, walking out the door. Draco caught up with him before leading the way to dinner. "About that, what happened in the Animal Shelter?" Draco asked.

"When i first got there, I had to go through this absolutely violating initiation. They looked at my genitals, washed me, brushed me and gave me shots. Then, they stuck me in a cage where I had barely any movement and I wasn't allowed out. All they gave me to eat was this horrible dog kibble, and I couldn't leave because of the Statue of Secrecy." Harry explained, shuddering.

"Oh my god. That's awful!" Draco exclaimed, horrified and unable to imagine himself going through the same thing. "Boy, am I glad to be getting actual food." Harry smiled. Draco and Harry entered the dining room and sat down together.

"Draco, Who's your friend?" Narcissa asked. Draco had never brought a friend over, let alone for his birthday. "This is Samael Grimm, Dad will fill you in on everything later." Draco introduced. "Sam, this is my mom."

They ate their food comfortably, Samael eating a piece of everything with light and comfortable conversation here and there.

Once they finished eating, Sam and Vanilla decided to go up to Draco's room to get to know each other better. They needed to actually be friends if they were planning on being friends. Which was actually easier than they expected.

Soon, Samael got a letter back from his dad.

Dear Pup,

Gods am I happy to hear from you. I am so glad your alive, pup. stay where you are i'm coming. i missed you

all of my love,
padfoot

Samael was positively glowing at the letter. No one could ever understand how much me loved his dad. After living without parents for 5 years, in a cupboard and unloved, having someone save him and teach him and care about him was not only refreshing but also such a wonderful feeling that he couldn't help but love the man that both saved and raised him.

There was a knock on the door right after Samael had finished reading, and Narcissa's voice came right after. "Samael, There's a man named Sirius Black here to see you." Narcissa said.

Sam smiled at Vanilla and he ran down the steps of the manor, not even bothering asking for directions as his nose could already smell his dad. "Dad!" Samael said, hugging Sirius.

"Oh my gods am I glad your're safe do you know how worried i was when you didn't come home for dinner and then still didn't come home for a month!? Moony and I were going crazy looking for you we even involved muggle law enforcement!" Sirius cried, hugging his Pup tightly.

"I missed you so much! I'm sorry!" Samael cried, tears pooling his eyes. "Don't cry, Pup." Sirius said, wiping his son's tears before he held out a big Tupperware of something smooth and light yellow. "Is that?" Samael said, taking it from Padfoot hands as Padfoot grabbed something else out of his pocket.

"You're favourite Vanilla Pudding." Sirius said, giving Samael a spoon. "Thank you!" Samael said, sitting down and digging in just as Draco got to the bottom of the stairs, panting. "You're... too.... fa-.... fast." Draco said between pants. Samael smiled at Draco apologetically.

Once Draco had regained his breath, he joined Samael on the couch and asked, "What's that?"

"Oh just the best food to ever exist. Vanilla Pudding." Samael grinned picking up a small portion on his spoon and shoving the spoon at Draco. "Try it." He said, and Draco did. "Wow this is good." Draco said as Harry took his spoon back and continued to eat.

"Thanks. I made it myself." Sirius grinned. "I'll be taking my Pup back home now."