6- Hogwarts Express

Draco and Samael had been exchanging letters ever since June 5th, when the Malfoys saved him from the pound. Sometimes, they would meet up to hang out, but most of the time either one of them or both were busy with something.

They agreed to meet each other at King's Cross so that they could enter Platform Nine and Three Quarters and The Hogwarts Express together. Samael arrived with Draco already waiting there. Draco offered to hold Samael's trolley, but Samael's responded with "Vanilla, we have magic."

With that, they entered Platform  Nine and Three Quarters, making sure that nobody saw them. Samael cast a spell on both of their trolleys so that they would float behind them before he shifted into a Grimm.

They walked onto the train, getting many stares. They were clearly young first years, if not second years and yet they managed to master a flying charm that not only worked on two items at once but also effortlessly floated behind them and followed them.

The most shocking part was, most likely, the fact that a Grimm was there. Draco overheard many conversations about them, much to his pleasure.

"Is that a Grimm?"

"What's a Grimm doing on the train?"

"Did Malfoy tame a Grimm!?"

"Are they first years? Can't be..."

"What's so special about that?" They heard a first year girl say, undoubtedly muggle-born. "A Grimm is an animal like a wolf or a dog, but it's also an omen of death and basically untameable. That guy, Malfoy, is walking with a Grimm right now." Someone explained to her.

They kept walking until they reached the end of the train. Slytherin territory. Draco looked into a few of the compartments before opening one and sitting down at the window, Samael laying down by his feet. There were other people already in the compartment, and Draco greeted them. "Hey guys." He said.

"Draco, Hi. People are talking about you all over the train. you brought a Grimm?" A girl with short black hair, pale skin and sleek black eyes asked, staring at the giant dog by Draco's feet. "Sort of." Draco said, not exactly sure how to explain the situation.

The girl leaned down to Samael. "Hey, Grimm." She said, making kissy noises at him. She pet his head a little. Samael wasn't sure if he should growl at her. She seemed to be Draco's friend, so probably not. "Who's a good doggy?" She asked in a stupid voice.

"What's his name?" She asked Draco in a normal voice, looking up at him. "Samael." Draco said, looking at the window and hoping Samael wouldn't yell at him for letting her pet him. God knows she could get terrifying when someone tries to stop her from doing something.

"Hi Samael. I'm Pansy." She said in the same stupid voice, again looking at Samael while scratching behind his ears. Samael took this opportunity to shift. "Hey Pansy." He said, standing up from the floor as Pansy's eyes grew wide, her mouth fell slack and her hand dropped from his head.

Samael sat down beside Draco, across from him was the only other person in the compartment. He had remained quiet until now, as he started cackling and laughing. His hair was very short but curly and his brown eyes matched his skin. "I'm Blaise." He introduced himself to Samael, still laughing. "Gods, that was bloody brilliant." Blaise said, looking at Pansy as she huffed, her cheeks red.

"Draco, you should have told me he was a bloody animagus!" Pansy complained. "You never asked." Draco said slyly. Pansy rolled her eyes as she turned to look out the window, clearly faking an angry expression. The group talked lightly, getting to know a little bit about Samael and Samael getting to know a little bit about them.

Soon, they reached Hogwarts. A giant man was ordering them to sit in groups of four in boats, so they all sat together in a boat and talked as well as looked at the scenery before they reached Hogwarts.

Then, it was time for the sorting.

All the first years were gathered up in the middle of the great hall, patiently waiting for the sorting hat to finish its song. By now, Samael had shifted back into a Grimm. For some reason, Hogwarts decided to go through the students alphabetically backwards. "Zabini, Blaise!" was first. "Slytherin!" The hat yelled.

There were many names that Samael didn't know and didn't pay attention to. "Parkinson, Pansy!" was the next name that he knew. "Slytherin!" The hat yelled. If Draco got Slytherin, he already knew where he wanted to go. "Malfoy, Draco!" The professor yelled.

Before it touched his head, the hat yelled "Slytherin!" and he went and sat down with Pansy and Blaise. Soon, after a bunch of names had been called and sorted, there were only a few left and everyone's eyes were on the Grimm. "Hacket, Mia!" The professor yelled, and Harry recognized the girl as the muggle-born who didn't know why everyone was reacting so strongly to Samael and Draco. She was short and chubby with big hazel eyes and long straight brown hair held back by a cherry red headband. "Hufflepuff!"

"Grimm, Samael!"