flight home

~Ruby~

I woke up seeing Ash looking down at me. “morning.” He greeted with a smile. I could get use to this. “hey what’s got your troubled?” he asked, oh right Mates sense the major feelings about each other. “I’m just worried that finding my mate will bring more trouble to me. I mean think about it you and Nathan were already at each other’s throats.” He nodded and said “true but he’s not allowed in your territory anymore.” I nodded and he pulled me into his lap. “it’s ok we got forever to go as slow as you want there are no worries. Not anymore.” I rested my head on his shoulder as his arms wrapped around me. “hey you ok?” he asked. I nodded and stayed rested against him.

“Ruby it’s up to you how we take our mating if you want to start dating then will date but it’s only up to you.” He stated he only wanted my happiness. It was the one thing I wanted in my life. I nodded and said “can we start by dating? Taking it slow.” he nodded and said “of course. Anything you want.” I got up saying “then I think we should go back to my pack.” He nodded and we walked down stairs. I smiled at him he looked at me and smiled back, as we walked into the kitchen and saw alpha along with the luna waiting. “will you be going home then?” Alessa asked. I nodded “yes.” Asher had his hand on the middle of my back as I sat down.

“very nice to see you again Alpha Asher.” Alpha Dakua stated and shook his hand. He nodded and Alessa handed me a piece of paper. On it were flight tickets for two. “our little congratulation present to you.” She stated. I smiled and Asher moved closer to me. “ready?” he asked I nodded and Dakua got his car keys and said “I’ll drive.” I walked back up stairs and went to get packed. As I packed Asher walked in and asked “you need any help?” I shook my head no. “no I’m good.” I felt his hands on my waist. I closed my eyes and asked “how come the pull to you isn’t as strong as it was to Nathan?” his grip tightened just a hair he sighed and said “because your wolf and you were broken by that bond so you became numb to any other bond you might have, but when I mark you as mine you will feel it much stronger than His.” He hissed at the end I know Asher wanted Nathan’s head but I didn’t know it was because of me.

I nodded and turned to him. “you won’t hurt me right?” he nodded and said “I rather die first.” I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. “thank you.” He smirked and I finished packing. As I was about to carry my bag Ash took it saying “I got it.” I nodded and we walked down stairs. Dakua looked at me with a smile. Asher put the bag in the trunk next to his and we got in. Dakua and Alessa sat in front. “now Ruby I know you were worried about mates but honey you need to understand that your first mate was horrible. I understand now don’t think that this one will be the same as your last.” Alessa stated as we drove. I stopped listening and looked at Asher. He smiled at me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and whispered “I refuse to hurt you Ruby I will always be there to protect you.” I nodded and kissed his cheek again. I did get a good mate in the end just hopefully no more pain in my life I pray.

~Nathan~

I paced my study floor how could that bitch have another mate. I thought two mates were a myth! I growled thinking what could be happening to her right now but there was one thing I was sure of, she didn’t reject me, so I would know when she mated that fool I would go through the same pain I put her in until he marked her. I growled at the thought of her moving on from me. I would not let her go, she could still be my beta and my lover I had Gracie as my mate there was no changing that but with Ruby’s genes and looks I would produce a beautiful heir to my tittle. I smirked thinking about both of them as my lovers. I licked my lips in anticipation.

I would be very happy. I just had to get her away from Asher but how. She was probably hopelessly in love by now.. I growled. Gracie hasn’t come out of the house since we got back, something about her face. I paced back and forth thinking of a way to get into the pack territory once again. Then I thought about her old friends. Jenna…

~Asher~

I sat on the plane by Ruby she was looking out the window while I took the isle. Dakua got first class for us. As I watched her she seemed happy then she turned to me and said “Asher?” I nodded and she continued. “I know it’s hard for a male not to mark their mate when they want to.” I smirked and she continued. “but um… let’s say one month then you can mark me.” I smiled at her and nodded. “alright. But if your not ready then tell me and I won’t ok?” she smiled and kissed me cheek again. I loved her kisses. It didn’t matter that her lips weren’t on mine I was just happy if her lips touched me at all. She leaned her head on my shoulder as we started take off.

“you ok?” I asked she nodded and said “I hate take off makes my stomach quizzy.” I chuckled and she playfully glared at me. I was just glad I got my mate. That she was here with me and in my arms. I was afraid for the worst when I got there. I was expecting her to scream at me or hit me but she just accepted it. Not to mention she understood what it meant to me. She knew the hard ships I would go through without marking her. I was glad when she said a month that meant she wouldn’t stay away for a year.

As the plane settled from takeoff she relaxed and took my hand in hers. We stayed like that until a lady walked up to me and asked “anything to drink?” Ruby looked up at her and I smelt it she was a wolf. She touched my shoulder even thou I was holding Ruby’s hand. “no I’m fine.” I looked at Ruby her eyes were glaring at the girl she already was protective of me. She didn’t want another female wolf around me at all. The lady looked at Ruby and glared back. “is she bothering you sir I can always have her moved.” She stated placing her hand on my forearm. Ruby let out a low growl. “leave the two alone already ya slut!” I heard a man shout from the seat behind us. She glared at the guy and walked away. I looked behind me seeing a male I knew well. “hey Trevor how ya been.” He smiled at me and said “nice to see you again Asher. Who’s the girl?” Ruby looked at him and I stated “Trevor meet Ruby Hoodly my mate.” His eyes widened Trevor is my Gamma he travels the most out of my pack because he goes to keep treaties in order while I’m out. “well now. Pleasure to meet the luna.” She smiled and said “thanks.” He nodded.

“you heading home?” Trevor asked I shook my head no. “not yet. Ruby and I are going back to her pack for at least two more months then we’ll be going home.” he nodded and said “see you there. Can’t wait to spread the word that the stupid rumor is true.” I raised a brow and he stated “your father didn’t say why you made a treaty but word spread you might have found your mate.” I nodded Ruby blushed and sat back down. As the plane continued we talked Ruby asked questions about my pack and what it was like. While Trevor asked her questions about herself she was laughing and happy. I was glad. Trevor was one of my most trusted men.

~Ruby~

I liked Trevor he was a nice guy. Ash was smiling at our conversation then Trevor stated “Sam is gonna freak out.” Ash stopped laughing and held his head. “oh god don’t tell her.” I raised a brow and asked “whose Sam?” Trevor smiled and said “his little sister.” I smiled and Ash stated  “yeah um she’s a bit of a handful and always tells me what to look for in a girl and such.” I nodded she sounded fun… not really.