{Chapter 14 - Violets}

{A/N: angst time. A TW for: self-harm, death.}

{Wallace's POV}

We finally land safely. Area Zero is... Quite the sight. A lush scenery, waterfalls, a few presumed abandoned labs and caves.

I get down from Steven's arms, looking at everyone. Everyone was alright from that sudden jump from the top of the crater to Area Zero.

My anger is still present, but I managed to calm it down.

"So.. where do we head off now-"

"To the caves!" Steven drags me toward the direction of those caves.

"WAIT FOR US, UNCLE!" Lisia flies on her Altaria as we speed toward it.

We go in.

Deep in the caves.

Deeper and deeper.

Lower and lower.

And..

And.. what a sight.

These were no ordinary caves.

The whole place is practically coveted in Tera Crystals and metal plates... I look around the sight, seeing multiple colors, prisms and reflections.. I can't help but be in awe!

This is the first time I've been interested in crystals since Steven gave me a water stone and started to message me non stop about those facts.

The whole place was colored a deep blue, with large white Tera Crystals all over the place.

I walk around, and around. All the lustrous objects from the ground sparkle... And even that glittering dust around me. It feels.. wonderful. Who knew that under the thickest layer of clouds above is this place!

"So, where to?"

There was no response.. where did they go?

"Steven? Lisia? Alain..? Where are you three?"

----

{Steven's POV.}

*Ring ring... Ring ring...*

A call? Who could be calling while were busy?

I answered the call anyways.

"Hello, Steven Stone h-"

"STEVEN WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?!" Wallace was on the other side of the phone.

Oh by the weather gods...

Is this what they call by 'parental instincts?'

"I'm... In the crater? I'm sure you saw me run elsewhere, and I'm sorry.. I just got too excited about-"

"YES, I KNOW, WHERE IN RAYQUAZA'S NAME ARE YOU!? LISIA AND ALAIN AREN'T WITH ME!"

"Wait... They aren't?"

I turn around me. He's right... They're nowhere in sight... Where did they go?

"Uh.. I'm sure I'll find them, I'll call Alain, okay?"

"Yes, please, PLEASE do it. And..." Wallace trails off.

"And what?" My voice sounds concerned.

"Stay safe..." He says, as the call abruptly ends.

How will I stay safe..

This is like no ordinary cave in Hoenn...

I sigh, and... Is that me?