{Chapter 13 - A Vacation}

{A/N: Hello again! Sorry for the sudden hiatus, but I'm back now that finals are done!}

{ 7:00 a.m., Paldean Time.}

{Alain's POV.}

Well, here we are. I thought I was just gonna stay in Hoenn.

That was a lie.

A very bad lie.

Damn you, Steven.

He said 'oh hey, let's just go here for a day' But NO! No no no he aint! He booked us a WEEK in Paldea, a place I have the least knowledge about!

It's all for the stones, he said. It's for the research, he said.

I know what you are.

He booked himself, Wallace, Lisia and I on this trip. Is this going to be some sudden double date?! Did Wallace tell him about  my thing going on with his niece?

We all arrive at Mesagoza, looking around. The whole entire region is... Different. Not the usual big routes and trees, more of wild pokemon around and... People picnicking, and shops. Those are there too. There's a giant school, a bakery, a gift shop...

I turn my head to Lisia, clearly eyeing to the gift shop. As in, as clear as day.

"Just take me to Yveltal already..." I mutter.

"Hm? Take you there?" She looks at me in confusion. I mean... She does look like the kind of person to not know the Kalosian god of death. Not blaming her, though.

"I- Um... Sure, sure... I was talking about a different place but, whatever makes you happy..." I force a nervous smile on my face, as she drags me to the gift shop, clutching a small wallet as she runs, holding my hand.

We open the door to the place, immediately greeted by the store runner.

"Welcome to Delibird Presents!" He says nicely. I just wave, as I let Lisia run loose, looking for something to buy.

I stand there, close to a wall, tapping my foot to the sound of the calm background music.

"Maybe this isn't so bad... I mean.. I did make that Swablu plush for her... Is this her way of repaying the favor?" I ask myself.

I pull out my Rotom Phone, and decide to check the group chat.

----

The Golden Group Chat

BlastBurn: yo.

BlastBurn: currently standing at a gift store.

BlastBurn sent 2 photos.

The pictures are the inside of the place, filled with shelves of battle items, held items, evolution items, and... Rotom Phone cases? Those exist?! Great, now I want to change my phone case...

AmoreDiana: Bonjour Alain, glad to know that you're doing ok there. How's Paldea treating you?

BlastBurn: not so okay

BlastBurn: someone decided to book a trip here

BlastBurn: also also send the pics to sycamore pls

AmoreDiana: Of course I will! You go on with your experience, I'll get back to my call

BlastBurn: ok diantha

BlastBurn: bye

BlastBurn is now offline.

----

"Hey, Alain! I bought something for you~!" Lisia faces me, holding a gift box the size of her hands. "Do you want to open it now, orrr?"

"Can we open it when we.. um... Go to the Pokemon Center? We still have lots of things to do, like... Go to Area Zero."

"Alright then!" She didn't seem sad about me not wanting to open the gift.

She drags me out of the shop, right when I see Wallace and Steven arguing about something. Wow, shocker. What kind of a fight is it this time? Is it going to be rocks and water? Or... is it like some senseless old married couple bickering? For Arceus's sake, I don't even want to know...

"Uncle Wall, we're back~!"

The two Hoenn champions yelling had stopped. How long was that?

Wallace turned to us. His eyes going to our intertwined hands. Yup, he's clearly onto me...

"So, should we head to Area Zero now?"

"Yeah! Let's go!" Her smile is brimming with positive energy, she reminds me of a Fairy type pokemon..

I mean.. Mega Altaria is Dragon and Fairy type after all..

A car trip and a flight with our Pokemon later, we reached some sort of base... The 'crater' looks more like a giant hole stuffed with clouds.

"So... Do we jump in?" I look at the crater, holding my Rotom Phone, taking a video.

"What- jump?! Why would you even do that?!" Wallace is concerned for my mental wellbeing, good.

"I'M GOING IN!" Steven starts running, about to jump.

"STEVEN NO!" The two Sootopolians yelled.

"DO A FLIP- I mean, NO! Don't do a flip!" I shout.

As Steven jumps, he sends out his Metagross, Mega evolving it, and standing on it like the boss he is.

Wallace dives in.

However, did not realize something.

He brought his, y'know.. TEAM FULL OF WATER TYPES.

He falls miserably, but the footage does show him being caught in Steven's arms. Lucky.

"UNCLE, WAIT!!" Lisia immediately hops on her Altaria.

I do a trust fall. Except that the person I trust is already way lower at me.

"Charizard, Mega Evolve."

My Charizard swoops in, catching me.

----

{ 6:21 p.m., Paldean Time. }

The Golden Group Chat

BlastBurn: sent a video.

StonesOfficial is typing...

StonesOfficial: Nice shot of the clouds by the way.

MikuriSea: STEVEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO JUMP

LegendsShirona: HE WHAT?!