Chapter 102: Back Home

"Did you have fun outside?" The man had broad shoulders, high stature and a heroic face illuminated by the lamps hanging from the eaves.

He grinned at his younger brother.

"Eldest brother, are you mocking me?" Feng Yanyan rolled his eyes.

"How can I mock you? Isn't the purpose of going outside to gain experience and broaden your horizons?" Feng Yanggu had always been eloquent.

He would fit to be a civil official more but was instead assigned as an imperial guard. Nevertheless, he still did his role well. It was just that he was still a low ranking officer even after all these years.

"Yes yes, my horizons are so broad now, I'm afraid I can't even see you even when you're in front of me."

The Fifth Young Master only felt a hand patting his head and ruffling his hair.

"No matter where you go, this is your home. Big brother will send you anywhere you want and welcome you back anytime."

That was right. It was his eldest brother who helped him enter the palace and it was him who bribed female officials to persuade the Empress to send Beauty Feng to Suliang.

Since childhood, he was closest to the eldest brother. Although Feng Yanggu also beat him from time to time, he would also be the one to coax the fifth brother earnestly.

When Father punished him to have no meals because he failed in their martial arts test, the eldest brother would sneak meat buns to his small courtyard. In return, Feng Yanyan would help him send letters to the girl he liked.

After all, little fifth's appearance was often liked by the girls of the capital and he was bosom friends with a lot of young ladies.

Feng Yanyan choked up. "Thanks, Eldest Brother."

Feng Yanggu only bumped his shoulders.

The siblings quietly made their way to the old man's courtyard. The eldest branch arrived yesterday after four months of travel. Feng Yanyan was sent straight to his courtyard and the family didn't make a fuss.

Fifth young master only thought this was how it was supposed to be. He would be scared if they welcomed him with open arms. The headaches he had caused all these years was enough to let the old man bury him six feet underground.

What he didn't know was the family didn't dare to make a sound about his return lest the spies from side branches of the Feng clan learned of it. If they did, Old Master was sure the news might be sent outside immediately.

When Feng Yanyan just passed through the gate to the old man's courtyard, he was stunned.

There were men in completely black hanfu walking in twos or threes every interval. They looked disciplined.

He had a premonition in his heart but didn't ask anything. His eldest brother just continued to walk as though this was how it should be.

Before they even got to the door, it suddenly opened and several middle-aged men walked out. They all had beards, long or short and their hair were pinned plainly on the top of their heads. They wore casual clothes but when it came to fashion, no one could fool Feng Yanyan's eyes.

These were all expensive silk. Even the coats on these men were made from high quality fur. The kind that wasn't pierced by arrows or blades during the hunt.

If Fang Yanggu knew what was going on in his younger brother's mind right now, he would have been amazed by this kind of 'skill'. Because it only went to show how materialistic the latter was.