17

My arm is asleep and there is a consistent buzzing near my head that's really pissing me off

My arm is asleep and there is a consistent buzzing near my head that's really pissing me off. I shift and freeze when I feel hair tingle my arm. My foggy brain from sleep remembers falling asleep with Tori on my couch. My other arm is draped around her waist and her back is pressed against my front. I am also pretty sure someone's phone is ringing.

Tori moves slightly and mumbles something against my arm. I smile and glance behind her head. I see her phone lit up with a picture of her and one of her friends. I glance at the name;

Jules

Shit.

I glance at the top of her phone to check the time. It's 4 am.

Double shit.

I nudge Tori lightly but she just cuddles further into my side. I sigh. As much as I don't want to wake her up, her friends are most likely worried about her. I nudge her again and she groans again.

"Five more minutes," she mumbles. I chuckle lowly at her and her eyes shoot open. I move away from her as she shoots up. "Holy shit."

She grabs her phone quickly and answers it.

"Tori! Where the hell are you?" I hear Julie yell over the phone. Tori pulls the phone away from her ear and clicks the speaker. I watch as she scrambles to find her shoes.

"Uh, I'm okay," she tells Julie in a rushed voice.

"You fucking had us worried sick," I recognize Carter's voice. My own eyes widen. Well, this just went from bad to worse. Tori freezes and looks in my direction. I see the guilt written all over Tori's face.

"Did you guys stay up for me?" she asks them. There's a beat of silence over the phone. I can tell this only further encourages Tori's anxiety.

"Well, Carter was asleep until I came in and woke her up when I realized you still weren't home," Julie explains. I can tell by their voices over the phone that they aren't mad just happy that she's okay. I am glad Tori has such great friends like Carter and Julie who care about her so much to be calling her frequently.

"I- shit. I'm so sorry guys. I'm with-"

"Ah ah no don't tell me just-" Carter pauses when she realizes how loud her voice is. She lowers it. "We'll cover for you we just wanted to make sure you're safe."

Tori sighs, looking at me with worried eyes, but I don't feel all that worried. Especially since I can tell Julie and Carter seem to know already where she is and they don't seem too bothered by it.

"I'll be home soon I just-"

"No. Tori stay, like Carter said we have you covered. We just might have to bring Q into this one," Julie says. Tori laughs nervously.

"Maybe we shouldn't drag other people into this," she says, pulling her hair into a messy bun. I can just feel the stress rolling off of her in waves so I place my hand on her thigh. Her muscles relax against my palm. Her skin is smooth underneath my rough palms.