Chapter 4 Half born, but full of might

"Halfborn Gunderson einerjhar of Odin berserker of Valhalla!"

Images of the Viking of a man appeared, showing how he lived, but most importantly how he died. How he lived and fought through his afterlife. His many triumphs over giant monsters and his inclusion in many important quests.

"Carter Kane! Current pharaoh of the house of life! Eye of Horus and banisher of Apophis!"

Carter shrunk under the looks sent his way as his deeds replayed like an edit. Carter didn't feel too mighty seeing most of the battles where he was the eye of Horus. Especially when it showed him getting eaten by the son of sobek. Sadie got a good laugh tout of that one.

When it showed him wielding the crook and flail of Ra; many of the ancient Egyptian rulers looked at him with some curiosity some distain and others plain rage.

Zia glared most of them down before pressing a reassuring hand to his shoulder.

____________

Percy groaned seeing Carter's name. He only had good faith in him, but he didn't want to see him fight, especially against someone who could have thousands of years of experience.

An idea suddenly appeared in his mind.

"Excuse me." He spoke quietly "Chronus?"

"Yes Percy?" Patiently asked the voice of the primordial in his mind.

"Wouldn't it be more interesting if certain fighters could have some coaches? People to give them advices. The fights would get longer as a result, more interesting. They could even choose said coach."

The voice hummed "I guess professional fighters are given as much. You may advise the eye of Horus."

Suddenly Percy was standing in a wide circular room racks of weapons and armors lined the stone walls.

In the middle of the room Carter Kane was pacing back and forth muttering to himself.

"Hey." Casually greeted the son of Poseidon.

"Percy?!" Yelped the magician jumping in fright.

"That's coach Percy to you." Smirked the demigod.

"Coach?"

"I convinced Chronus that having a coach would make the fighting more authentic." Shrugged Percy standing next to Carter. "So what's you're strategy?"

"I don't know." Admitted Carter with a sigh "I don't know what to expect from Norse demigods."

"They aren't all demigods, but Einherjar all have super human strenght. So in you're case directly fighting him isn't the best option."

"I mean it can't be that bad I matched you right?"

"You matched the pace I set for newbie demigods who need to get humbled." Admited Percy rubbing the back of his head. Not wanting to obliterate Carter's confidence.

"Oh." Was all he managed.

"Listen, assume nothing, work with you're strenghts don't try to beat Halfborn at his own game. Find a way to safely gauge his strenght. If he's not that strong get on the offensive, if he's too strong take up a hit and run tactic. You're smaller that's an advantage here."

"Okay, yeah that's a good idea." Nodded Carter "Percy."

"Yeah."

"Do you think we're all making it out of here alive?"

Percy so deeply wanted to lie, reassure him that everyone would find their way back him without a scratch that he'd be home laughing about this with his family.