Angelica x Shadow-Throw It All Away

This one shot was requested by angelica5005 Enjoy!

Angelica Lights POV~

"I can't believe he dumped me!" I continue to complain to my friends Rouge and Amy, referring to my now ex, Jet the Hawk. "We can." They say in unison.

"What do you mean?" I ask, sitting down on one of the park benches.

"He was a lying retard that's what we mean." Amy says, crossing her arms. And he better hope I don't gone him. Otherwise I'm smashing him with my Piko Piko Hammer." She adds, twirling her long yellow hammer in her hand. I look over at Rouge and she's tightening her gloves. Oh Lord. I think to myself. "There's no need for you guys to get involved. Jet has obviously found someone better." I sigh.

I start to think about going to talk to Jet until I see him walk by hand in hand with Wave the Swallow. I feel my face tense up and I completely lose it. I sprint at Wave and tackle her to the ground. Amy lunges at Jet, screaming at him and attempting to hit him with her hammer. Rouge prys Amy off of Jet but they can't get me off of Wave. Suddenly someone rips me off of her. I turn around and see Shadow. "What was that for Shadow?!" I yell. Jet and Wave quickly run away. Amy and Rouge quickly go after. "Just let them go." Shadow says gently.

I sigh and sit on the park bench. Shadow sits next to me. "Why are you concerned about me Shadow? Why did you come here?"

"Because I'm worried about you."

"Why? There's nothing to be worried about Shadow. You don't know what it's like to lose something you love."

"Actually I do...remember me telling you about...Maria...?"

My expression softens. "Oh. Right. Sorry..."

"She meant everything to me. And I let her go."

"But you couldn't do anything about it."

"Exactly."

After a while of silence, Shadow speaks up.

"Angelica. You need someone who is garuntee to stay by your side through good and bad times. And I'm willing to do that."

"Shadow...You don't have to do this."

"Yes I do." He says standing up, extending his hand. I take it and slowly stand up.

"You wanna go get some froyo and talk over this?" I ask. He nods. "I hope they have black ice cream." He says. I laugh as we walk off.