FORTY-FIVE

Tony steps back, his chin jutting upwards twitchy

Tony steps back, his chin jutting upwards twitchy. Tony reengages the Iron Man helmet. He punches Steve to the floor and deflects gunfire from Bucky, disarming him. he grabs Bucky and flies across the chamber. He slams him onto the floor, then jumps on his arms. Steve's shield hits Tony, distracting him. Steve barges him backwards, Tony's shoulders him to the floor and shackles his ankles. Bucky punches Tony who just lifts him and slams him against a machine. Tony raises a fist but Bucky twists it. A rocket shoots out of Iron Man's arm, a fireball explodes. Steve slices his shackles as a towering structure of pipework collapses. Tony and Bucky are thrown down a level as twisted metal falls around them, showering sparks.

Steve looks at Bucky and shouts, "Get out of here!"

As Bucky bolts Tony fires, but misses. Steve lands in front of him. Bucky hits a control panel and the silo-styled door overhead starts to open

"It wasn't him, Tony. Hydra had control of his mind!" Steve exclaims trying to get Tony to stop.

"Move!" Tony shouts.

"It wasn't him!" Steve yells as he grabs Tony's ankle in mid air and smashes it. Tony blocks Steve by shooting down rubble, then falteringly flies up the tower.

Above him Bucky leaps from platform to platform. With stuttering jets Tony gives chase, then kicks Bucky and takes aim, but the energy bold rebounds off Steve's shield onto himself. Tony drops like a stone and lands on a lower platform.

"He's not going to stop. Go," Steve tells Bucky as Bucky continues to make his way to the top.

As Tony soars upwards, Steve leaps and shoots a wire which wraps around Tony's neck and drags him back down. He deflects Steve's shield, then tries to target Bucky.

"Come on, come on," Tony says pointing his blasters at Bucky.

"Targeting system's knackered, boss," Friday replies.

"I'm eyeballing it," Tony mutters as his helmet retracts and he shuts one eye, taking aim at the opening hatch. He fires and hits the giant hinge which explodes, cutting of Bucky's escape route. He flies up, blocks two swings from an iron pipe from Bucky, then grabs him around the neck from behind.

"Do you even remember them?" Tony asks as he has his arms wrapped around Bucky's neck.

"I remember all of them," Bucky replies as he pushes them both from the walkway, Steve jumps into them to deflect their fall. Bucky lands on a platform while Tony and Steve land on the concrete floor besides opening in the wall where snow drifts in from outside.

"This isn't gonna change what happened," Steve says looking at Tony.

"I don't care. He killed my mom," Tony says as they trade punches and Iron Man ends up pinning Steve down. Bucky picks up Captain America's shield and leaps down to help. As the two super soldiers fist fight with Tony the shield changes hands between them until Tony manages to zap Steve who is thrown back into the wall. Bucky struggles to hold Tony at bay as he unleashes an energy beam, then he forces Tony against the opposite wall and grips the glowing core in the chest of the Iron Man Suit screaming. A blast of energy knocks Bucky down, metal arm completely blown away. Tony zaps him again. The blast blowing Bucky's metal arm into pieces. Steve rushes him with his shield up and Tony fires right at it causing a blast of energy.