A Cat Has Claws 🎒 Ellie

Song; Melanie Martinez - Orange Juice.

Imagine; everyone is wary of You, all because of one girl. Ellie of course hears the rumours and labels you as mean already, until she goes on patrol with you.

Warnings: shitty exes, angst, fluff, crush. Infected, patrols, blood and gore, guns, Violence, angst. I swear I'll try to make something happy next.

•••

'I have patrol with her tomorrow... that's gonna be fun..' Ellie leans against the bar.

She's mentally preparing for her patrol tomorrow. She's seen you around Jackson already but she heard the rumours. She's not excited to look over her shoulder the entire time. You know, since your old partner mysteriously died..

You seem unbothered, sitting at the bar only a few stools away. Nobody even dares come close to you and if the rumours were actually true you wouldn't even blame them.

'She used to be quite nice to us..' Jesse shrugs. 'I don't understand the issue..'

'Jesse... she and Cat dated in the past, I've heard shit from her... she cheated in Cat with Amelia.. Amelia told Cat and then she dies on the very next patrol and Y/n refuses to give any details.. that's weird!'

'Well.. you didn't tell Cat that you used her to cheat on Cat right?'

'No..' she grumbles a reply.

'Then you have nothing to worry about...trust me, she's very nice once you get to know her...' he leans on the bar himself.

You smile a little at Jesse's comment. Even after all the shit Cat put you through, he still stands by your side, even if you have limited contact, you still see him as a friend.

'Besides, she is mighty fine with a gun..' he playfully shoves Ellie.

The truth is that you've been dying to go on patrol with Ellie. Call it a silly girl crush but, ever since she arrived with Joel, you've been falling for her. Hard.

So yes, it's hurts to hear her speak about you like that. From everyone else you're used to it. The dirty looks, the harsh words and being ignored most of the time. But her acting the same, that hurts more than you'd like to admit.

'Awww, you look lonely..' an arm wraps around your shoulders and you roll your eyes. Of course he's here to ruin your night, just on time too.

'What do you want now?' You speak low. Hugh always has been a dick, even when you and Cat were a thing.

'Just trying to remind you that you'll remain lonely like this.. for what you did to my sister..'

You push him off of you roughly and stand up. 'Excuse me? Maybe you should open those fucking eyes of yours and realise that maybe she's the bad guy, not me...'

'Tell that to Amelia..' he snaps.

Ellie's head snaps towards you and so does the rest of the peoples heads in the bar. It gets dead silent.

'What's your fucking problem?' You ask as you throw your hands up. 'You two have done enough already, don't you ever quit? Fucking get over it already!'