Worth a million 🎒 Joel/Tommy/Maria (game/Show)

Song:   Gustavo Santaolalla - never again

Imagine; before the apocalypse you were worth a million..

Warnings: mentions of traumatic past, SA, sex trafficking. Blood and gore, angst, fluff. Fucking someone up. Mentions of rape. Like serious trigger warning, no description of the act though but still.

I don't know how I come up with these heavy topics but I feel like people like the angst it brings and also this will be more than one part.

•••

'What the fuck happened out there? One second everything is fine and the next she's bashing his skull in with a glass?!' Tommy says as he walks up to his brother.

'I don't know okay? I didn't see until it was too late.. I don't know what came over her but I'm sure she had her reasons...'

'You're unbelievable..' he shakes his head as his fingers pinch the bridge of his nose.

'She's been good... she's been a model citizen here so yeah I'm willing to bet that there's a reason behind it...' He argues.

It's true, you may seem like a cold hearted bitch but you've been behaving here. You're not the sunshine type but you get by. You do whatever is asked and you're kind to everyone as far as he knows.

This outburst comes as a surprise for him as well. He knows you well enough though. He knows that before this shit went down, life was already an apocalypse for you. But that's about it. 

'I'll go talk to her...'

'Please do, Maria is about ready to send her away for this...'

'What? There's guys that have behaved way worse and she's about to send her away because of this?'

'They're new.. and she's not creating a safe environment for them... and I can't disagree with that..'

'Jesus boy...' Joel sighs. 'I'll let you know what happened... if she's willing to tell me.. and tell Maria that if she send her away, she will send me and Ellie away too..' he turns and leaves his brother standing out in the cold.

You hear the door slam and it pulls you from your disassociating a little. You're still shook up from your own outburst, the blood still present on your knuckles. The glass you've been picking out yourself for the past hour.

'Hey..' Joel speaks up, you refuse to look at him.

You can already tell he's disappointed, you can't blame him. You are just as disappointed with yourself if not even more.

You've been trying to hard to be good, to try and be kind to those around you and it was working. Until he had to show up with a small group, asking for shelter and a safe haven.

Of course Maria agreed and for a while things went okay. You weren't sure at first if it really was him. But then after a while, you were sure that he knew you figured out his identity before all of this, and it made him fucking smile.

You tried so hard to pay no attention to him, people can change right? You changed. Perhaps he regretted what happened, wouldn't make it okay but still.

You were doing okay... until tonight.

At the Tipsy Bison, he approached you. He stood behind you and whispered in your ear like a true creep.

'Glad you're here, reminds me of the one good night I had 22 years ago, and even after all this time, I'd still give them a million for you..' 

That broke your peace, it snapped something inside of you and that's when the world turned red. You had grabbed that glas and you had bashed his head in, there was no denying that... and by hearing Maria's reaction and you now being in this jail... it doesn't promise you anything good-