《Remember Me》

Prompt: Remember me.

(TW: Mentioned d€@th)

No one's POV

George refused to believe what his husband has said.

Remember me...

Him going across the world for over a year, leaving both him and his daughter alone.

Though I have to say goodbye...

Dream explained that he needed to do his job abroad.

Remember me...

George hurriedly ran to the door, with their daughter, Clare on his hip.

Don't let it make you...

He wrapped Dream in a tight hug, him connecting his lips to his with Clare in between them.

Cry...

Dream let out a sad smile as he waved and slowly walked away with his bag and luggage in hand.

For even if I'm far away...

Clare was ecstatic seeing her father on a video call with him, with George beside her.

I hold you in my heart...

Dream happily stared at his phone background of him and George giving a kiss on each side of Clare's cheek while she showed pure happiness.

I sing a secret song to you...

George began to sing Clare a lullaby that he and Dream wrote for her as she slept close to him in his and Dream's shared bedroom.

Each night we are apart...

Dream began to play one of the videos he caught on video of Clare playing with him and George with some of her toys.

Remember me...

George sent Dream a photo of Clare proudly showing a drawing she did in school of them three, with "I love my family" written under.

Though I have to travel far...

2 years have passed. Dream is ready to go home.

Remember me...

But the only way back to his home, to his loving husband and precious daughter, is gone.

Each time you hear...

Both plane engines broke down mid-flight.

A sad guitar...

He made one last desperate call.

Know that I'm with you the only way...

"Tell her that Papa is really proud of you, and he's gonna watch you graduate school and get married from above."

That I can be...

"Live your lives for me, okay?"

Until you're in my arms...

"I love you both, so much."

Again...

George sadly stood on the wet grass, with Clare resting her head on his shoulder. An umbrella on the other.

Remember...

A bouquet of forget-me-nots.

Me...

On his husband's and her father's gravestone.

"At least, Dream left me a part of him." George quietly sobbed, holding the small girl in his arms.