"I don't know what you expect me to do when you've neutralized my powers," I spit at him.

Play nice, Amara. Bide your time. I remind myself

"Ah, my apologies. However, it was a necessity. Not to worry though, you'll get them back once you're...shall we say housebroken?" he says; I raise my eyebrows and glance at the bucket. "No, no, that's not the right word... let's say more obedient. Felix here tells me you're quite the little spitfire," he corrects himself.

Then I feel invisible claws grab my mental shields. Thank the goddess, I mastered that skill. I give him a bored look. He doesn't look surprised or inconvenienced, though.

"I thought as such. Don't worry; we'll have you doing my bidding all on your own soon enough. For now, Samirah is going to take some blood samples. Seems you're an utter mystery, and I've wondered for a long time what I could create with your blood. We have quite the engineers here." he says

He steps aside to allow the female, Samirah, around him. She walks up to the door, pulling out a key to unlock it. I eye the key as she tucks it back into a small pocket on her dress, and she doesn't shut the cage door. Noted. I growl at her as she approaches me.

"Now, now, be a good little pet. I would hate to have to utilize those chains on your bed the very first day you're here." Silas cuts in.

Fine, it's just blood. It'll take time to do anything with it, and Roman will ensure they're all dead by then.

"Take your jacket off and sit on your bed," Samirah tells me. I do as I'm told, taking my zip-up off and standing up. I'm about to sit down when I hear Silas hiss.

"What is that in your back pocket?" he growls, the sound like nails on a chalkboard.

I freeze, confused, and reach back to find...my phone. Fuck! I could have hidden it. I want to cry as I take it out, knowing I have no choice.

"You fool!" Silas screams at Felix, who pales. Silas punches him, causing him to fly across the room. Silas stalks over to where he landed. "You didn't think to remove something they could track her with? You twit!" he screams, picking him up by the collar and slamming him onto the concrete floors. Then he jumps on top of him, slashing his claws down his face, grabbing his hair, and slamming his head on the ground repeatedly. When he's done, he stands up, dusting himself off, straightening his tie, and steps back from a groaning Felix.

"Destroy it. What are you waiting for?" he says calmly to Samirah, who promptly grabs it and breaks it in half. I fight back tears. If only I had remembered it was there.

"Thank you, my lovely Samirah. You may return to your task," he says politely as if he didn't just almost smash Felix into a bloody pulp. "Oh. And don't forget to get me a cup," he adds, licking his lips with his disgusting snake tongue.

Now, I can't help the shudder that leaves me. Samirah wraps an orange band around my arm and feels for a vein. When she finds one she's satisfied with, she gets out the needle and gently pokes it into the vein. She takes a couple vials of blood before Amon hands her...a teacup. I continue to fight back the tears as she screws the part at the end of the little tube, and my blood freely flows into the cup. She only stops when it's damn near spilling over. She hands it back to Amon, takes a piece of gauze, pulls the needle out of my arm, and puts a bandage over the top.

I watch as Silas takes a sip of my blood and then proceeds to spit it out, throwing the teacup across the room. Samirah pauses, her hand trembling so slightly that I wondered if it even happened.

"Well, that is quite an interesting development now, isn't it. The tribrid, carrying the next dog who will take over your mate's pack. How sweet," he says

I start to sweat, unable to stop myself from trembling. He starts pacing around, tapping his hand on his chin. Suddenly, his head snaps to the ceiling, a growl leaving his mouth. He walks over to Felix and kicks him.

"Get up, you filth. Go deal with the mess you created." he booms when I hear crashing, yelling, and snarling upstairs. My heart soars, Roman! "You three, take her through the tunnels and get her to the fourth warehouse; from there, we go to the sixth," he says just as he runs through the door, grabbing Felix by the hair and dragging him through.

Samirah grabs me, and without wasting a beat, I kick her in the stomach, which she wasn't expecting, and she lets out an 'oof' just as I punch her in the face. I run for the open door, but massive arms grab me. I scream, hoping one of the wolves or my family hears me. I snap my head back, hear the satisfying crunch, and drop my weight. I roll and make a run for the door, but I'm grabbed by Damon, who throws me over his shoulder. I continue to scream and thrash, grabbing onto the walls as he walks into the tunnel, anything to get my scent on.

"Get me the damn syringe!" Damon yells, just as nausea hits me, and I vomit all over the floor and his back. He drops me, and I immediately run back for the door. Samirah catches me this time, stabbing my leg with another syringe. Almost instantly, my body slumps into her. I whimper, trying to stay conscious. I feel a pair of cold arms lift me bridal style just as darkness takes over yet again