Chasing Pavement [ o8 ]

Cheer Me

             VOTE . COMMENT . FAN . LIBRARITIZE

Chasing Pavement

[ o8 ]

“I do.” Monica said and gave the most girly giggle before my father swept her into his arms and planted a kiss on her lips. In disgust, I turned away and shuddered. That was gross. When I turned back, they were smiling at each other before they turned to the crowd. Then they were off, down the aisle and out the back doors.

     I watched with little attachment as the bridesmaid and groomsmen filed down the path that my father had just taken. I felt a light touch on my arm and I jumped. When I turned my head, Daniel was sniggering at my reaction. I glared and stuck out my tongue at him. It was weird how I just fell back in with Daniel. There was no awkwardness or hesitation with my smile towards him. I really hoped that it wouldn’t be this easy with Will.

     With a louder chuckle, Daniel pulled me from my little world and down the aisle too. When we got to the back, were my friends were at I stopped.

     “Peace.” I said as I twisted in Daniels arm and ducked towards my. But, when I turned back around to give him a triumphant look, he was stopped too, looking at someone behind me. When I looked over my shoulder, I saw that he was staring at Kaylie and Anna. I walked up to him and he still didn’t notice me. When I punched him lightly in the arm, though, he noticed me giving him a look that said I knew exactly what was going on in that head of his.

     “I know, it’s absolutely shocking that I have girls as best friends.” I joked with him.

     His blank look turned onto a hesitant smile. “Yeah, that’s a shocker.”

     Slinging an arm over his shoulder, I whispered into his ear. “And if you mess with them in any way, I’ll have your balls on a platter. I don’t want you, or your brothers messing with them, do you hear?” I pulled back and gave him a cheeky grin. When he didn’t answer, my fingers dug into his shoulder.

     “Yeah, I understand.”

     I couldn’t have either Anna or Kaylie falling for any of the Gray brothers. They were all trouble. Every single one of them. but, if one of them had their eye on either of my friends, they were as good as caught. I knew that no one could resist there charm. And I didn’t want my friend’s hearts broken. They looked out for me and I would look out for them.

     I turned back to my friends, who were looking at me with their eye brows raised. Dropping my hand from Daniels shoulder, I clasped them together. “So, what happens next?” I walked over to Anna, standing next to her.

     “Reception-“ but Anna was cut off.

     “Food!” Kaylie said and smacked her lips.

     “Yeah,” Anna said, pointing a look at Kaylie. I felt Daniel walk up beside me and I stiffened, but only slightly. I was going to have to keep an eye on him. “It’s time for the orange chicken, then.” A sloppy grin landed on Kaylie’s face as I imagined her imagining a bowl of orange chicken.

     “What orange chicken?” Daniel said with a smile.

     “The reception food, duh!” Anna said with a flourished annoyed movement towards Daniel. “That’s all Kaylie has been talking about all day. I just can’t wait for her to shut up and stuff her mouth with that chizz.”