Chapter 12 : Farewell (Interlude Finale)

EX04 : Echo Aria : Curtain and Canvas (Ayla's Interlude finale)

Chapter 12 : Farewell

"Dear Miss Meka,"

"When you see this letter, I'm already on my way to WGAA."

"Finally, I have found my path, one that may separate me from a lot of things."

"Sorry about the decision I made."

"But I didn't want to become a Construct out of impulse..."

"I have always been painting with vivid, brilliant colors. Many people loved my work, and I was delighted."

"I couldn't understand why Selena wanted to become a Construct. But..."

"I have seen things you wouldn't believe. I watched pink beams fired from plasma cannons glitter in the eternal sky outside portholes."

"Dark red missiles exploded next to shuttles that just left the space anchor."

"The fighter aircraft's armor melted like Selena's pudding with bubbles and red-hot light."

"I have finally found my path."

"What I used to paint... wasn't the 'reality'.

"Those works are like genetically engineered flowers that grow in a cleanroom. Once the cover is taken away, they wither and die."

"Compared with the eternal reality, those things I once enjoyed portraying look so meaningless."

"I finally understand..."

"I need the power because I have come to realize how cruel the world is."

"An ordinary person is far too fragile against the Punishing Virus, let alone discovering the truth."

"It's time to create... real work."

From a personal terminal left behind in a dark studio, a message is being played again and again.

...

(White noise)

(Selena : ..."SOS signal sent... But it seems miracles won't happen..")

("Not sure if anyone can receive my message...")

(Construct Soldier: "They're coming!")

( "Hurry! Get in position in")

(Selena : "There's no time to waste...!")

(Selena : "listen, Ayla. Our paths will be rectified, as long as we portray the world as it truly is. ")

("Ayla.... ")

(Construct Soldier: "They're here!")

There are sounds of metals being cut and heavy objects dropping to the ground.

...

Ayla : "As the world truly is..."

"Come, show me what "reality" is."

A coolant pipe is cut open somewhere. Gray liquid keep dripping from above.

Only to make a hissing sound when it reaches the blazing blade of Ayla's scythe

Ayla : "Selena, I can feel you. Your decisions, your feelings."

"You were able to recreate the last act of "Tempest" because you had always been facing this cruel world."

"And I'm fighting now, just like you... And it feels as thought you're right here by my side."

"So, wait for me..."

"I don't know how long it will take, but I promise I will find you again. We will stand together, side by side."

"We will be the best partners. Be it in art or on the battlefield...!"

"feel it! "

"Feel this power that stemmed from creation! Not for attention, not for the audience. A power that only comes after witnessing the truth...!"

-End of Interlude-

Upcoming Arc : Gray Ravens - The Graffiti