Chapter 3 : Faust (Interlude)

EX04 : Echo Aria - Starry Tales (Interlude)

Chapter 3 : Faust

Selena does not know how long she has knelt there for.
For a moment, she forgotten she isn't a human anymore, but a construct.
Why does she feel sick to her stomach? Why are there tears streaming from her eyes?
Why have they been abandoned?

- this must be her punishment -

(Construct : "My family died on Earth. I wasn't able to hold their hands as they died. But in their last moments, all they held in their eyes was only hatred, not your so-called blessing. Those who were abandoned had only hatred and those who fled had a remorse. This Eden arose from enmity and countless corpses. People would die just like animals in the war, meaninglessly. Without faith, without glory, and most definitely, without forgiveness and blessing. There's just hatred and anger that knows no bounds. Damn! Why did we have to face all of that? Why did it have to be us who were there? Why did we get to a point when we were forced to destroy everything? ")

- The soldier was right. -

The only thing she feels at this moment is rage and hatred.
Why have they been abandoned? They've been fighting for humanity all this while, so why have they been abandoned?

- She now knows what a hideous thing rage is. -

(Construct : "Only when life becomes nothing more than just statistics will you understand the horrors of war.
When humans can no longer continue being humans... Only then will you understand the helplessness war brings.")

- She understands. She finally Understands it all now -

Only at this moment when she is on the receiving end of it all does she understand the anguish that laid beneath the soldier's accusatory words.
The words of Allen, the WGAA Leader, rings in her ears.

( Allen : "your opera once took babylonia by storm and the WGAA thought highly of your career. There was no doubt you had real talent and skills. You come from a wealthy background, and your career is supposed to be as bright as a diamond. There is no compelling reason for you to be a construct. So why did you become a Construct and join the Archeological Team? ")

- She did not know how to respond to Allen then, but the answer is as clear as day now. It is because her arrogance - that arrogance is rooted in every fiber of her being.

She had depicted a hell that did not exist., Eulogized false ideals of war and peace and extolled her perceived ideas of humanity's glory. What shameless arrogance that was. She had "an epiphany" during the soldiers rebuke and was determined to redeem herself for her arrogance. That made her determined to become a Construct.
Because as a construct, she would one day have the chance to step onto a real battlefield, to truly experience hell for herself, and with that, she would personally compose a 'reality' that no one can find fault with.
It was not until she was truly in hell that she realized how arrogant her so-called notion of 'redemption' was.
To think she became a Construct for such a foolish reason. To think she entered the battlefield for such stupidity.
It was wrong of her, she knew that now. She should not have left her comfortable and cozy home for such naive and frivolous reasons. Or her half -baked epiphany.
What significance did the art that she dearly loved have?
What significance did those operas and music hold, that she had her fought so bard for them till this point.
What this place needs are weapons that can eliminate enemies and zealousness that can end wars. Her ludicrous beliefs about art are nothing but self-reassurance, no different from self-paralysis.
She can now see the error of her ways.
"Please somebody save me! "-
"Please anybody, take me away from here! "-

Such weak thoughts flooded her M.I.N.D

She has to get out if here. She has to get out of here. She has to get out of here... There is nowhere to run.