Chapter 11 : A Gift (Interlude)

EX04 : Echo Aria - Curtain and Canvases (Interlude)

Chapter 11 : A Gift

Babylonia, Civilian Area.

UT. 19:15. The battle between the space station and Babylonia is about to commence.

Ayla : “Selena mentioned 'the real world.”

“Outside the peaceful and harmonious world we lived in, there was another cruel world full of conflict and war.”

“What is it like? Will I be able to paint it out?”

“You must be fighting there, Selena.”

“If your fight is about life and death, I must carry on with mine. We will be fine.”

“I will paint your fight so your story can be heard!”

“Will I be able to understand you then...?”

“.... Must set the tone first... The colors of the universe... And stars....”

“...Hmm... Something like this?”

“...Now... Selena's fighting stance...”

“...Oh, those boys probably know better...”

...(Busy drawing)

Ayla : “...Flames, explosions, laser beam... How about that?”

“Done!”

“...No. Something's not right. I have seen many artworks depicting war. It's not like this.”

“Is this too naive...?”

“More like a landscape painting. I can only feel the beauty of the starry sky and Selena's grace... Too bright? Too light-hearted? Hmm, the vibe is just too far off!”

“If I take this to someone, the only answers I'll get will be "this is a child's imagination," or "this doesn't resemble war at all."”

“... Have I hit a bottleneck? Is there something that cannot be represented by painting...?”

—!

A swarm of aircraft leave the space station, charging toward Babylonia in the orbit.

Cannons start firing. Cruise missiles are launched. Just like that, the war begins.

Meanwhile, Babylonia's plan is being executed.

As more fighter aircrafts leave the port, the special task force also departs.

According to the plan, they will be escorted near the space station before landing, and investigate the internal facilities.

Apart from military and research-related intelligence, they also want to retrieve the relics left by humans in the old times.

Even normal objects for daily use could turn into antiques with incredible value.

Step by step, humans evolved over time. As a whole, and as individuals.

Ayla : “I heard sounds...! The battle has started!”

“Selena...I hope she will be fine.”

“Oh, what's that...!”

Ayla witnesses the battle through Babylonia's barrier.
Flames, explosions, aircraft debris.

The cruel scene shocks her as if time had stopped.

Ayla: "Is this... war?"

“This is nothing like I imagined... Red lights, yellow dust, cold and dark space...yellow dust , Cold and Dark space. ”

“The starry sky used to be beautiful. Why does it suddenly look so harsh...”

“Those debris must have come from aircraft. Maybe even Constructs.”

“If a person is hit in this battle... There won't be any remains left at all.”

“... understand now. Compared to this, my own interpretation of war is so naive and simple.”

“People can die any time. War could break out at any time. This is the reality we live in.”

“Unlike the peaceful cities. Unlike games, where I can restart after death...”

“If one can't appreicate the cruelty of the world, then I supposed they never be able to capture the reality of war with their paint brush...”

—to be continued—