𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

The forest was expectedly dark, though not pitch black as she had thought earlier. There was a small amount of moonlight that trickled through the trees. However, it wasn't enough to really see more than the basic outline of the things that surrounded them. As a result, Jeremiah had to take his phone out and use the flashlight to properly see where they were going.

They walked in silence. Understandably so since both of their minds were currently preoccupied with other matters. While Jeremiah focused on getting them to this supposed hangout spot, Leda kept her focus on the forest itself. Her eyes anxiously shifted from one detail of the forest to another (or at least the details she could see), trying to detect any potential dangers. Like snakes hidden within the tall grass–for that, she was cautious with every step she took. But alas, she saw almost nothing out of the ordinary, besides the occasional cicada.

Speaking of which, when she tried listening for potential dangers, all Leda could hear were the summer sounds of crickets and cicadas. It didn't help, but at least their sounds somewhat eased her anxiety. Nevertheless, Leda kept her grip on Jeremiah's hand and continued to let him guide her through the forest.

Her eyes once again shifted to the ground she walked on to check for snakes. Thankfully for Leda, Jeremiah's flashlight was pointed towards the ground, so it was easier for her to search for any strange movement within the tall grass. Though, this time around, she did notice something. It wasn't a snake, but looking at the grass they were walking on more closely, Leda was able to distinguish something about it. She saw that there was a parting in the grass–a trail of sorts.

She raised her head back up, trying to look over Jeremiah's tall body to get a glimpse of what was ahead. And luckily for her, she did see something in the distance: a clearing.

Like magic, as soon as she saw this, any fears Leda had about the forest vanished in an instant, and replacing them was a smile, filled with the eagerness she felt to see exactly what her crush had planned for them.

Keeping her smile on, she couldn't help but ask in between excited laughs "Jere, where are we going~?"

Jere glanced over his shoulder to her. He had a parted smile and a twinkle in his eyes, both which captivated Leda even more to him.

"You'll see," is all he said.

About a minute later, they came into the clearing. When her eyes finally laid on the place, Leda's breath caught. It was at that moment that Leda regretted doubting Jeremiah in the first place, because in the end, he had her best interest at heart.

To call the clearing beautiful would be an understatement. Paradisiacal was a more accurate term, really.

Jeremiah had led them to a large, U-shaped meadow that opened towards the sea. It was filled with luscious grass, much shorter than the rest of the grass in the forest, and a beautiful assortment of flowers that bloomed here and there around the area. And though it may seem like any regular meadow, right now, the whole area glowed in the moonlight, giving the meadow this heavenly aura that made Leda believe for a second that they had accidentally stumbled upon the Garden of Eden.