𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

Jeremiah was beginning to think that Leda wasn't going to show.

It had been several hours now since he came to the country club. At first, he had been quite hopeful. By the stunned look on Leda's face last night when he ran up to her, Jeremiah could tell she wanted to see him again, and he made it very clear that he wanted to see her again. But now... he wasn't sure if she'd come.

Leda had told him maybe. Not a no. Not a yes. Maybe. And yet, as more time passed, the more hope Jeremiah lost.

He kept glancing at every entrance surrounding the pool area, but nothing. No sign of Leda anywhere, still. Why did he keep doing that? He was gonna disappoint himself even further. Now, he should be watching over the pool. Though, it's not like these kids drowned... not frequently anyways.

Here's what's happened so far:

When he got to work, Jeremiah asked if the Zumba instructor, Trish Thompson, had arrived yet. He figured if she was here, then Leda was most likely around, too. Unfortunately, Mitchell from the front desk had told him that Trish had just called and that she was 'out sick'. Sure, okay. Jeremiah was a pretty good liar himself–he knew what a bad excuse sounded like. Who gets sick during the summer?

Okay, fine. He was gonna give Leda the benefit of the doubt. Maybe her aunt really was sick or going through her period or something... but that didn't mean Leda couldn't come herself. She's friends with Shayla. Leda could get a ride with her if she really wanted to come.

'It just sucks when you wanna hook up with someone, you make plans to meet with them the next day, and they don't show up.' The discontent part of himself said.

'Dude, she said maybe,' another, more reasonable part of himself said. 'You're acting like she said yes.'

"Fuck..." He muttered to himself.

And he had the perfect plan for Leda in his head:

First, Leda's gonna walk into the pool area and swim or sit in the beach chairs. It didn't matter what she was doing as long as she was within the pool area.

Second, when Jeremiah went on break at two, he was gonna go up to her and invite her to a slushie by Steven's bar. And because Leda likes him, she'll gladly say yes.

Third, while at the bar, they'll get into a conversation, trying to get to know each other better. Occasionally throughout this conversation, Jeremiah will make a flirty comment in an attempt to make her blush and have her lean into the idea of going out with him.

Fourth, about halfway through his break, Jeremiah's gonna excuse himself to go to the bathroom. While he's gone, Steven will talk to Leda and ask her what she thinks of Jeremiah. He's gonna be the wingman, convincing Leda to give Jeremiah a shot.