𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

━━━━ ◦ 💔 ◦ ━━━━

After an hour or so of driving, they finally arrived at the Thompson beach house. Leda's eyebrows rose in wonder as she looked at how large the house was. She'd never been in a house like this, and to think that she was actually going to live here for three months? It was really sweetening the deal of being here. That being said...

As the car parked in front of the beach house, Leda turned to Trish with the one question that had been hanging over her head these past few days. "Tía... how exactly did you convince my mom of letting me come here? Because this does not seem like a punishment at all."

Trish had that smirk again—the one that said that she had all the secrets, but was waiting for the right time to say. "We'll get there in a bit. For now, look around the house! I set up your room and everything. In a little bit, Milton's gonna drive us to the country club. I need to sort a few things out."

The chauffeur peered through the rear view mirror. "Ma'am, we're going to the country club?" Milton asked, bewildered at what was clearly news for him.

"Yes, but in a little bit. I'll let you know. Now, come on, Milton, help my niece with her bags!"

Milton carried Leda's suitcase up to the room Trish had instructed him to take it to before giving him a tip and letting him go on break.

Leda stood outside on the driveway, looking up at the beach house. She felt overwhelmed for sure. Her house back in Dallas was like a third or a fourth of what this was. Hopefully she'll get used to the quantity in no time. Perhaps when summer ends, she'll never want to leave.

Trish walked up and stood beside her, with a giant grin. She ushered Leda into the house, "Vamos, mija, don't be scared! Estás en tu casa!" Trish casually went up the portico's steps and walked in like nothing.

Leda kept her anxious eyes on the large beach house. 'If Trish can do it, so can I', she told herself. She took a deep breath and followed Trish inside.

The house was pretty normal looking. It wasn't anything luxurious, just enough to be relaxing, Leda supposed. The walls were a sea foam green, lined with white on the edges; the floor was a wooden pattern; and the furniture was mostly white. The living room had a white, C-shaped couch, with a white and tan rug, and a fireplace in front of it. Above the fireplace was a fifty-inch TV hooked up to the wall.

Trish pointed loosely towards the television. "It's one of those smart TVs, mija! It's got all the apps, like Netflix, and YouTube, and all the other fancy apps! We can watch whatever we want courtesy of your tío."

Nice, Leda thought. Maybe she could finally watch the rest of Degrassi and Soy Luna if they had HBOMax and Disney+, respectively.

At the back of the living room, Leda saw past the French doors and saw that Trish had a patio with a pool, and even further behind was the ocean. Not the beach, but it was the ocean—a canal. Leda could even see other people's beach houses from here.