Chapter 35 - Party Time

I've finally completed the Assassins rewrite! YAY! After a bit of thought, I think I'm going to completely rewrite Assassins 2. I'm not thrilled with the way it's going and I want to see if I can make it better.

I'm a bit sad that I'm all out of updates for y'all for right now... But hopefully in the nearish future I'll be able to have another update for y'all in one of my stories.

Ely:

            The early morning had sped by quickly and I found myself visiting Ms. M for help in getting ready for the celebration tonight. Her light brown hair seemed different than it was last time I had seen her, but I wasn't sure why.

            She looked me over carefully as she wrote a couple of things down. "I think I have just the dress for you, Ely. You'll be even more stunning than you usually are." I felt my cheeks redden at her statement and quietly thanked her.

            She rummaged through her 'emergency' clothing stash. "You're about the same height and body type as a couple of my team members. I think I have just the dress for you." She mumbled. "Ah! This is it exactly!" She pulled out a beautiful dress. The top was fitted and white with a slight sweetheart neckline. It had spaghetti straps and the skirt was full and gauzy. The bottom half of the skirt started out at a light pink and the pink got darker as it went down. It looked like the bottom would hit me mid-thigh.

            She pulled out a pair of pink, strappy sandals with a slight heel to match. "Go put this on while I get some accessories to go with it." I gave a simple nod and disappeared into the bathroom with the dress.

            I came back out a few minutes later. Ms. M let out a small squeal and clapped her hands. "It's perfect." She had me sit down on a chair so that she could curl my hair and help me with my make-up.

            She handed me a pair of silver, hoop earrings and a silver bracelet. I looked at her uncertainly, but she had a wide smile on her face. "Sweetie, you look gorgeous. I wish I could see the look on your team's face when they see you." I felt my cheeks heat up at her statement, but stayed quiet. Not much later, she walked me back to my living quarters. She handed me a dark pink sweater with three quarter sleeves that matched the bottom of my skirt as she said, "Have a good time tonight. And don't do anything I wouldn't do." She sent me a wink and sailed down the hall before I had a chance to respond.

                                                            ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Dominic:

            I stepped out of my room wearing my suit with a green tie. There was a noise in the living room and I quickly glanced up from attempting to button my cuff to find Kitten standing at the window in the living room as she watches something outside.

            "Kitten?" I said softly. I was really surprised to see her standing there in a dress. She seemed lost in thought, but when I said her name, she quickly spun. It was clear I had startled her and her dress flared up a bit.

            She blinked a couple of times as her eyes adjusted to the dimness in the room. Her eyes lit up as she saw me and a slow smile curved her glossy lips. I could tell she had a little make-up on, but I was pleased that it was just faint. It enhanced her natural beauty instead of covering it up. As she moved closer, I could even see the faint smattering of freckles across her nose.

            I was a little breathless when she finally got close enough to touch. "You're gorgeous." I said, sticking to simplicity before I became too tongue tied to say anything.