Chapter 15 - May the Best Team Win

Chapter 8. I've changed quite a bit of this chapter, but a lot of this chapter remains the same as well. :)

Enjoy and don't forget to let me know what y'all think!

Ely:

Shawn turned to look at me, "Are you okay, El?" He asked, looking puzzled.

My grey-blue eyes got huge and I felt a blush travel up my cheeks as I stammered, "I'm really s-sorry. I d-didn't mean-"

Shawn stopped me, "I didn't ask for an apology, El. I asked if you were okay." His voice was calm and serious. I bit my lip and nodded.

Dominic dropped an arm over my shoulder and said, "Walk up here with us." I gave him a blank stare. He chuckled, "It's easier to make sure you don't end up killing yourself, Kitten."

Shawn smacked the back of his head, "Be nice." He murmured softly.

Dominic gently pulled me towards the dining hall, but his legs were so long that I stumbled while trying to keep up with him. He pushed his hat back slightly to scratch at his forehead. He suddenly crouched down in front of me. "Get on, Kitten. You deserve a reward for kicking butt back there, so..." He let that thought hang in the air.

I almost refused, but Jordan practically pushed me into Dominic's back. Before I could back up, Dominic had a large hand wrapped under each of my thighs and hefted me up. I wasn't sure why, but it surprised me that he was able to pick me up so easily.

Jordan chuckled, "I want a piggy back ride. Getting my as-" He glanced at me and quickly continued, "Butt handed to me is hard work."

Shawn gave Jordan a look, "Fu-dge, no. I'm not carrying you. If you can't make it to the cafeteria on your own, we'll leave you behind."

"Harsh." Jordan mumbled.

Dominic adjusted his grip on me slightly, and I felt my face heat up. To take my mind off of what was happening, I asked, "Why didn't you cuss?"

I let out a sudden yelp when Dominic bounced me slightly to get me higher up on his back. "Because you're a lady, and cussing in front of a lady is disrespectful."

I looked at Jordan and Shawn with wide eyes. Jordan laughed softly. "It's true." He replied.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not really a lady." I muttered.

"What was that?" Shawn asked, his dark eyes looking at me intently as Dominic chuckled softly.

I shook my head, "Nothin-" I started to say.

Dominic cut me off again, "She claims that she isn't a lady."

I stuck my tongue out at him childishly, even though he couldn't see it and Jordan laughed really hard at that. Dominic shook his head, "Kitten, don't stick that out unless you plan on using it."

My eyes widened and I wondered how he had known that I had stuck my tongue out at him. "How-" I started to ask.

"I've got eyes in the back of my head." He replied with a snort.

I glanced up in time to see Shawn shaking his head, "I'm starting to feel more like a babysitter than team lead." He muttered as he opened the door to the large cafeteria.

The room had a large counter with a variety of food sitting out to the right. It looked like a regular school cafeteria, except we didn't have to pay for it and the food was a lot better and healthier. The people behind the food counter were all teachers who weren't busy supervising the tests yet. The cafeteria would be set up all week with fresh food, since all the tests would be various lengths and students would be coming in and out of here when they could.