There were a lot of....innuendos that made me blush but Lisa and Rosie just snickered.

Thankfully, it went completely over Jisoo's head and she just seemed confused as she curled up into me, her chin on my shoulder and wrapped an arm around my waist.

As it slowly became later into the night, both of my friends had to leave but before they could Rosie frowned and asked Jisoo, "Hey...I've never seen you before at the middle school. Do you go to a private one?"

Jisoo stopped busying herself with cleaning up and became stiff. I felt my heart beat out of my chest in anxiousness.

She gave a grim smile and said in a small voice, "I...I'm still in 3rd grade."

Lisa and Rosie widened their eyes and Jisoo turned away in embarrassment. She looked at me with pleading eyes and went back to cleaning up.

I slowly pushed Rosie and Lisa out the front door before closing it behind me.

They stared at me expectingly.

I sighed and said, "Jisoo has mild autism or Pervasive Development Disorder."

Both of them nodded with understanding. "I guess that explains the Disney Channel," Rosie said with a warm smile.

I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. "You both don't mind?"

"NO!" They answered in a chorus. They stared at me incredulously.

"I know we haven't been friends as long as Jisoo was yours but we would never think that of her," Lisa answered.

Rosie held my arm and said, "She's lovely, Jennie. She's so endearing and...different. But good different."

I smiled gratefully. "Thank you, guys." I pulled them in for a hug. Then they said bye and left while I went back inside.

Jisoo was standing directly in front of the door. She smiled and looked at me. "I...I didn't embarrass you?"

I stepped forward and pulled her in for a hug, my arms wrapping around her neck while she buried her face into the crook of mine before wrapping her own arms around my waist.

"You could never embarrass me, Jisoo. And I don't want you to be ashamed of something you can't control. It's a part of who you are and I wouldn't trade anything to change you."

"Even if I became normal, you would miss...this me?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Yes. Only you."

••••••••••

About 2 weeks later, my mom got a call from Ms.Kim.

I had to go to a special doctor's appointment with Jisoo.

She wanted her best friend there to meet with the doctor to tell exactly how she would need help going forward.

My mom wasn't doing good. Jisoo was practically her daughter too and any result from the doctor could potentially break her heart.

So she sent me with Jisoo's favorite of her cooking and waved bye to me.

I walked down a few houses to the Kim's and Ms.Kim smiled nervously and opened the door.

Jisoo was sitting on the stairs with her shoes tied and a light jacket thrown over nervously.

I smiled and placed the food on the coffee table before sitting down next to her while Ms.Kim went to get some paperwork filled out for the appointment.

"Hey, Chu."

She turned her face and looked at me. "Hey, Jennie."

Awww. No nickname. She must be nervous.