i have fallen (and i can't get up)

Sometimes, the journey and the friends made along the way were more important than the destination.

AKA

Join the author as they recount an expanded section of shenanigans detailing Baekhyun and Jongdae's slow, but steady fall into the pits of love.

Yeah, they never stood a chance.

~~~

A/N: 

I have literally no self-control. I should be focused on my classes right now. I literally have a midterm next week. However, softball lesbians have a chokehold on me. Also, I am sick right now. The sores in my throat are killing me but it's okay. I might as well get this out of my system before the pain. :DDD

Unlike my typical writing style, this will be a collection of vignettes or tidbits. I do not have the energy nor the time to churn these ideas out as full-blown ficlets. However, I thought that they were worth sharing regardless. You do not need to read these to understand the main fic. However, the contents of this fic might not make sense without first reading CATCH ME (BEFORE I FALL).

I had so much fun writing these. In fact, a lot of the softball-related shenanigans were based on personal experience... except I didn't get a girlfriend from it. I mostly embarrassed myself but hey, that's what writing fanfiction is for: living vicariously through your characters to make fun of yourself. Mostly.

As a reminder, anything written within this work DOES NOT reflect any real-life person or event. This is a work of FICTION. Any similarity is a coincidence. At the end of the day, please respect the privacy of all people referenced within this fic. Artistic liberties were taken for the ages of BBH and KJD's brothers. For simplicity's sake, I did not change the names of BBH and KJD to be more feminine. However, they are cisgender females for the purposes of this ALTERNATE universe.

Also, because I was impatient. This WAS NOT beta'd by H. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know! I read through it and applied spellcheck, but I definitely missed some things.

Without further ago, please enjoy!

~~~

🥎 🥎 🥎

| meet the team |

I couldn't find a way to introduce the other players on the travel team without breaking the flow of the narrative. While I know this lineup would be highly unrealistic considering I didn't write this story with South Korea as the setting, we shall attribute this to "artistic liberties." Anyone else on the team is free for your imagination.

TRAVEL TEAM STARTING FIELD LINEUP (IMPORTANT CHARACTERS TO NOTE)

Kim Junmyeon | Captain, Shortstop Byun Baekhyun | Pitcher Kim Jongdae | Catcher Park Chanyeol | First BaseKim Minseok | Second Base Kim Jongin | Third BaseDo Kyungsoo | Right Field [author played RF and CF back in the day haha. We love catching fly balls! Fun fact: during a game, a fly ball landed on my face but I still caught it with my glove when it fell. It beat out the time I caught the ball with my calf, leaving a dolphin-shaped bruise, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T TOUCH THE GROUND YET!]Oh Sehun | Center Field Zhang Yixing | Left Field

🥎 🥎 🥎

| the fence incident |

After practice one day during high school (pre-dating era), a ball went over the metal fence into public property. Seeing as BBH and KJD were highly competitive, they egged each other on to retrieve the ball. Their high school captain and coach were too busy discussing "important softball business," asking BBH and KJD to "please just help the others clean up." Of course, the metal fence absolutely towered over them at 2m, but they refused to chicken out.