I nodded in understanding as Patrick grimaced. He would miss Reynard, I knew deep down that he looked to him like an older brother. But still only so many people had the capacity to deal with Reynard on a daily basis and those that lived in the house were constantly having that capacity pushed to breaking point.

Patrick stood back from the car door as Sean appeared, his caramel blonde hair sticking to his sweaty forehead.

'Have you been running?' I asked, as Sean climbed in, making me have to sit closer to the other side t make room.

'Patrol. Did the entire boundary lines, including an extra 10 mile radius surrounding the pack lands.' He said, sliding in and closing the door. He grabbed a bottle of water from his backpack and began gulping the water down.

'Easy, that's our rations for the trip.' I squealed out, attempting to grab the bottle from his hands which he easily avoided.

'For goodness sake. We have enough money to buy more supplies from the gas stations. Have you ever taken a car trip before?' Sean asked, curiously, guarding his water bottle and the pack pack with his limbs.

'Kind of.' I murmured quietly, crossing my arms. Before my life here, I didn't have lots of money to buy candy and crap from gas stations. When I made a trip, it was no car trip. It was mostly walking and long bus journeys going through town after town until either my money ran out or I took a fancy to the place and decided to end my travelling for the time being.

'Are we ready to go?' Jamie smiled, entering the car at the front passenger seat. Reynard joined her at the front, sitting in the driver's seat.

'Hell yeah I'm ready.' He started up the engine as Nathan ducked his head through the open window to give Jamie one last peck on the lips.

'Goodbye guys. Keep your eyes on the road. I've called ahead so the packs whose land you will be crossing know you are coming. Don't take any detours. If something happens, call.' Nathan pushed himself off the car as we began to drive off with a chorus of 'Yes, Alpha' from Reynard and Sean.

We began travelling down the road, with the greenery of the forest turning blurry at the speed in which Reynard was going at.

'Should I mention the road accidents that happen on roads like these because of morons that are going too fast?' snapped Jamie.

'Only the ones with annoying side passengers.' He whistled, casually steering the wheel as he whizzed around the corner.

'Can car trips be a nightmare, especially with four people?' I whispered to Sean who leaned closer to me.

'Only when two of those people are Reynard and Jamie.'

************

2 days had passed. 2 days of absolute chaos. It was agreed early on in the trip that apart from the journey back, we would never ever go into a car together for an extended period ever again. Or at least not with Reynard and Sean.