The Council Will Decide Your Fate; I Hate My Fate

Aru had been huddled up in bed for about half an hour, sinking in her woes, and had just drifted to sleep when Mini burst through the door. 

"Aru! We have- Aru?" Said girl looked at the other through half-lidded eyes. 

"What?" Aru asked, getting up slightly and propping her body using her elbows. "I hope this is important by the way, I'm in the middle of my Depressed Hour™."

"The 'Council', as they call themselves, have just called a meeting. And you know what that means." Mini put her hands on her hips.

Aru pursed her lips. They only ever had meetings when they were either halting schedules, changing schedules or...

If it was time to take drastic measures. 

Aru jolted upright at the realization. "Are we gonna make a comeback?"

"That's what I assume, but I don't know for sure." Mini sighed. "They're expecting us in three." 

"Kay, see you in five."

"Aru, three ."

"Right, three

-----

Aru took a deep breath as she steeled herself for probably a lot of screeching. She deserved it this time anyways. 

She opened the door and feebly called out. "Hello?" 

And sure enough, a loud "Aru! This is your version of three minutes?! What were you even thinking-?!" 

"Aru, you are an idol." Her dance instructor, Urvashi, interrupted Mini. "And that is why being 7 minutes late is unacceptable. Do you understand?" 

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Aru apologized and sat next to Mini. 

 "We would love to catch up with the two of you, but we have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment. You both will understand, I'm sure?" Their vocal coach, Hanuman asked. Mini and Aru nodded. "Good. Now, this probably isn't shocking, since this is all the rage at the moment and has made multiple headlines, but there is a new band on the rise. And this is posing a danger to your legacy of always winning first place in the Era of the Idols 2018 championship." 

"Without Kara, we are a bit lacking. I believe in both of your talents and abilities, of course, but she was a crucial part of your group. She was the main singer. So, we have all decided to add new members to your group." Their music manager, Subala paused, to let the information sink in. 

 "What?!" Aru exploded. 

"I know what you may be thinking right now, but it is necessary to add more members. There is strength in numbers, remember. We have added two rappers as that is what idol groups nowadays have. We were going to add them when Kara was still here, but after the incident, we delayed their debut for you. It has been too long, so it is time to let them debut with one more member, who will be your new lead vocalist." Hanuman informed them. 

"Trainees, please come in," Subala called.

The door burst open and in walked two guys, both wearing sunglasses and tuxedoes, which seemed extremely overkill. One looked a bit lifeless and the other was smiling brightly. 

 The hyperactive one took off his glasses and flipped his hair, showing off a scale-like birthmark on his forehead. He winked at the girls and raised his arms. 

 "Your savior is here!" Aru slumped back in her chair and closed her eyes, inhaling deeply, before opening them and facing the Council once again with raised eyebrows. 

 "You have got to be kidding me."