She jumped as someone grabbed her arm, twirling her around before pulling her into their chest. She looked up and saw Shawn standing there, giving her a dazzling smile.

"Hi Pluto," he smiled.

Venus laughed, "You don't have to keep pretending we're dating. Charlie told me all about your kiss in the art room and since he knows about Nick, there's really no need for us to keep doing this."

His eyes widened, "Oh shit. I just told that group of girls over there we were dating."

Venus shook her head, happy to see Shawn. He really had become one of her favourite people over the semester. She glanced over his shoulder, seeing Nick standing there, looking around. She had a feeling he might be looking for her, the girl angling herself so he wouldn't see her.

"So, you and Charlie, huh?" Venus raised her eyebrows.

"I'm working on it," he grinned, "Don't think he's realised that I'm actually looking to date him though."

"Well, just tell him that," Venus told him seriously, "Charlie would probably cry if he knew someone wanted to date him publicly."

"What about you and Nick then?" Shawn asked.

Venus sighed, "I haven't really talked to anyone since what happened and I might shit my pants if Nick comes over to me. So, I am doing my best to hide from him."

Shawn smirked, turning around. He placed his hands around his mouth, ready to call out to him. Venus, knowing what he was doing, quickly ran away. "Oi, Nick!"

Nick turned to Shawn, his brows furrowed as he approached him, "Yeah?"

"Venus was here," Shawn said, looking around upon realising the girl had ran, "Now she is not. Probably should of held her arm before calling for you."

Nick smiled, "Thanks Shawn. Sorry for, you know, not being the nicest when you and Venus were together."

"Oh, that was all an act," Shawn shrugged, "She just liked to use me to distract her from her crush on you. Worth it to make out with someone as pretty as she was for a while there. She's not really my type though. I like them more..."

Shawn trailed off, his eyes landing on Charlie, who was swapping bibs with Tao.

"Sweet."

Venus' first race was the 200m. She was on her starting place, stretching her legs and watching Imogen cheer for her very loudly. Despite Imogen being on the red team, she had painted a big blue 'V' on her cheek to support her best friend which Venus found very sweet. Similarly, Venus had a red 'I' painted on her cheek with a heart. She stood up, ignoring the boys who whistled as she pulled at her shorts.

She smiled softly as she saw Shawn, Charlie, Tao, Elle and Isaac all on the sidelines, cheering for her. She sucked in a deep breath, giving them a wave, letting her nerves wash away.

They all got into their positions and when the whistle went, Venus shot off like a rocket. Running had always been one of Venus' favourite things to do. It was the sport that let her take her mind off everything and blow off all the steam she needed. Her braids flew behind her as she pumped her arms, gaze set on the finish line. It surprised no one when she came first, the girl crossing the line at a speed no one would ever be able to beat.

She slowed herself down, in time to catch Charlie who ran straight into her arms. She stumbled back with heavy pants, holding onto the boy tightly, a wide smile on her face. She let him lift her off her feet and spin around.

"You were so good," Charlie mumbled, "Come watch mine now?"

"Obviously," she nodded, "As if I would miss it."