Valentines

Anticipation was was plaguing the psychic's mind on the way to school this morning. Never before has he cared for the one day of the year where boys receive chocolates from girls whether as just friends or love interests, particularly the latter. Yesterday when he saw her making them, he forced himself to stop, wanting to leave them as a surprise. How was Y/N going to give them to him? Would she leave them in his desk? Hand them to him directly with that alluring smile of hers? How would he react if she did that? But what if she didn't give him any at all?

Saiki walked into the classroom and took a seat at his desk. Other students in his class were already finding sweets in their desks or talking to their friends about crushes and other Valentines cliches. As much as he told himself that all of this was stupid, he swallowed the nervous excitement in his throat and made sure no one was paying him any attention. Y/N wasn't in class at the moment, so Saiki took the chance to examine his desk. Not wanting to seem like he cared about such trivial things, he activated his x-ray vision and scanned the inside.

To his confusion, nothing was there. No little bag or box filled with chocolates or sweets, just his usual belongings neatly placed inside. If they weren't in his desk, then did that mean she was going to give them to him personally?

The girl in question emerged from the hallway and into the classroom with a skip in her step, eyes brighter than usual as she made her way over to Yumehara, but not before sending a welcoming grin to the boy with pink hair.

Saiki waited every morning for that moment. Not a day has gone by where Y/N didn't greet him with a smile. Sometimes she'd add in a simple 'hi' but it was never annoying and upbeat, it was almost soothing to the psychic, unlike some people who greeted him every morning with excessive energy and chit chat.

Y/N had just given Yumehara some friendship chocolates and was now on to her next target. Heading over to his desk, she stood beside him with her hands behind her back.

"Ah, good morning Y/N", Aren said with the faintest of smiles. He seemed slightly off and the girl had a funny feeling she knew why, so she hoped her little plan was about to change that. Bringing her hands out from behind her back, she held out a small bag in front of him, tied together with a silver ribbon.

Immediately upon seeing the contents inside, Aren's eyes widened and he was at a loss for words. In front of him was a girl giving him valentines chocolates, and he knew it was only meant platonically, but that didn't stop the chuffed smile from brightening his face. Aren wasn't very hopeful about getting anything this year and he wasn't surprised to find nothing in his desk this morning, so for him to experience Y/N's kind gesture like this, it really made him appreciate her. "You're too kind for your own good, y'know that right?" he said to the girl.

Y/N was about to speak but was beat to it by Nendou. "That's right, my partner's awesome!" The large doofus slung an arm around her shoulders. "I've already had mine, and they were friggin good".

Y/N struggled slightly under his weight but couldn't help the giggle at Nendou's compliment to her baking. The large boy then explained to Aren how Kaidou acted when Y/N gave some to him as well, earning a flustered response from the sky blue haired boy over from his desk. Kaidou didn't know it yet, but he was also going to be receiving another set of chocolates at some point today if a certain girl named Yumehara would hurry up and do it already. However, the caramel hair colored girl was still seated at her desk, bouncing her knee and taking sneaky glances at her crush.

The bell then sounded and Y/N sent Aren a smile before returning to her desk, and he felt a small blush creep to his face at the thought of her giving him chocolates with more than friendship in mind. Obviously, this didn't go unnoticed by Saiki either. He currently was facing the front of the class and glaring at the black board as if it were the former delinquent himself. Not only this, but the psychic was feeling a little dejected at not receiving anything.