𝒜𝒸𝓉 𝑋𝑋

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'm not that bad," Greyson chuckles back.

"Show up in a suit. You have your ticket. Sit with May, Wade, and Vanessa. They all will be here to watch," she brought her blender to her cheek again and ensured the product was distributed.

"Noted. I'll call Wade and have him come pick me up so I don't have to call one of Mom's fancy-ass drivers," Greyson sighs on the line. "Alright, well, I'll see you after the show. Good luck, you'll be fucking great."

"Thanks, Grey," she smiles, even though he can't see it.

"Bye!" He elongated the 'e' sound at the end, and she reached out to end the call, but she hesitated.

"Love you, Rat Lord!" She teases, and before she ends the call, she hears him scream something random. God knows what, but she'd find out soon enough.

Lana turns her phone off and goes back to working on her makeup. The look was all about sparkle around the eye, bright highlights, and rouge lipstick. She had a pink costume that matched Peter's. They looked like a Prince and a Ballerina. Just as they were supposed to, when they tried on the costumes, they matched very well, and the bright gemstones glittered under the light.

The door opens to her dressing room, and sure enough, Peter comes rushing through the entrance in almost a sprint. He shuts the heavy wooden door behind him nearly silently, and his heaving chest overcomes his speaking ability. Leaning against the door he clutches his chest.

Lana looks at him through the mirror and starts to laugh.

"What is going on with you?"

"I'm here for stage makeup, and Adeline is reigning in all the troops, so I don't want to be a part of her talk," he huffs.

"So you leave Becca to the wolves?" Lana raises a brow in question.

"Yes," he hisses playfully. "She's fine," he walks over in his ballet flats and sits down on the velvet ottoman beside her.

Staying quiet, she starts to add her blush and cut the line on her cheeks with setting powder. The bright light of the vanity illuminates her features, and she catches Peter staring at her from the corner of her eye.

Her eyes flick to his brown ones, and he looks down to his feet.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, ashamed. He couldn't help it, the natural instinct to want her the way he did. It felt like torture to hold back his true feelings for Alana. Every moment he spent with her he got to smile. But since this fake engagement thing and her finding out he is in love with her, things have changed. Their friendship changed, and of course, it was destined to.

It's typical for platonic relationships to have a shift when a person speaks up about their feelings, hence why Peter didn't say anything for the longest time. He didn't want to lose Alana. But she made it clear she didn't love him, and he just had to endure each agonizing moment of seeing her happy with someone else.

And being the good person he was, Peter didn't interfere with the relationship, well... not physically, at least.

"Peter..." Lana sighs softly, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "We still haven't talked about-"

"Don't-" he cuts her off and pauses his own words, trying to find a way to phrase what he wanted to say without starting something else. . "It's nothing we should be discussing right now. We have a performance in a little over an hour. We can't get into a fight and have there be an issue on stage."

She turns around to look him in the eyes.

"So you think that talking about us will result in a fight? Why can't we talk like we used to?"