𝒜𝒸𝓉 𝐼𝐼

A/N: *Sighs* You all are not ready for sunshine but also kind of grumpy/giddy Bucky in this story. I LOVE WRITING HIM so much. Please comment and vote!

CW: Cancer and ED mentions. Eating disorders  will be talked about a lot. I am only spreading awareness and never want to promote this behavior to my audience! Stay safe loves <3

~

Rebecca padded over to Mistress Adeline, meeting her eyes. She adjusted her hand-me-down duffel bag that was her Brother Bucky's in sports.

"Rebecca, what is going on with you? You come to class with a smile, you are happy, and are alert, but your shoes and your... presentation are lacking."

She nods. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I can try to get them-"

"You need those new shoes if you want to prepare for the role I gave you. You are the youngest in the class with the least amount of experience. I casted you and will be incorporating a dance routine on pointe just for you because you can. Don't let me down."

"I won't," she shakes her head, and hears her phone ringing, knowing it's Bucky calling her. He had already texted her ten minutes ago he was out front, but class ran late. "I'm sorry, I have to go, my brother just got off work, and he drives me-"

"Your brother drives you?" Adeline's expression twisted into a bewildered glance.

"Um... yeah?"

"Why?"

"He works around here, and I don't have a car."

Pretty much all of the ballerinas in this program were rich, and Rebecca was now panicking. She never had to talk to her teacher about herself and her home life, and she thought Adeline would remove her from the program. "Right now... it's in the shop, my brother is a mechanic, and he is fixing it right now," she lies.

"Oh, well, I'll let you get going. Just get some shoes."

"I will, promise," She backs away, "Thank you, Mistress, for class today,"

"Of course, darling. Have a good day."

"Thank you," she whispers, running out of the class and through the theater. She wiped her stuffy nose—stupid cold.

Breaking out through the doors, the cold air encases her body, and she shudders, not bothering to put Bucky's jacket back on. She sniffled and saw his 1969 black Ford Mustang parked outside the studio, she grasped the metal handle and her breath puffed out from the cold. She hopped inside and looked at her brother.

His piercing blue eyes, much like hers were staring at her with a soft expression but still had an annoyed demeanor. His car smelled of cigarettes and his strong cologne that masked his greased-up arms and hands—having been fixing cars for hours and hours. Bucky had longer brown hair hanging to his shoulders and a stubble lining his jaw and above his lips. His uniform smelled of him and the auto shop. Rebecca smiled softly at him as she reached over the seat to hug him.

"Rebecca..." he breathed in annoyance, not hugging her back and started the car to drive towards their house in Brooklyn.

"I know. I'm sorry! I got called after class, and she was angry with me for whatever reason," Rebecca explained quickly, rushing her words in a waterfall of guilt. 

"Who was?" He asked.

"Mistress Adeline."

"Why?"

"My shoes," she grumbled, with a defeated expression.

"What shoes?"

"My pointe shoes!" Rebecca pulled them out of her bag and showed him them, noticing that they were practically falling apart, but Bucky didn't know the difference.