sixty-five

CASSIE HAD NEVER SEEN RON THIS BRIGHT RED BEFORE. When he'd entered the Great Hall for breakfast, Cassie had energetically waved him over only to find him a bold beetroot red all over as he climbed over the bench to sit beside her. 

"Hi," Ron blushed as he steadied himself beside her. 

"You alright?" Cassie asked brows arched as she looked at the boy with worry. 

"Mhm," Ron hummed, his voice higher than usual. 

"Oh, hello Ronnikins," Fred grinned at his brother as he returned to his seat next to Cassie after having disappeared to steal more jam from the adjoining table, "Fancy eating with you today,"

George was there too, sitting opposite them, gorging on his omelette while Lee crammed information for the test his tutor was going to give him that day, 

"Stop calling him that," Cassie whined. 

"What?" Fred asked, faking oblivion as he stuffed his face with more jam and bread, "Vonnikins?"

"Stop!" Cassie tried being assertive but burst into a fit of giggles on seeing Fred's stuffed face. 

"What are we laughing at?" came Blaise's voice as he settled himself opposite Cassie with his plate filled with breakfast, "Oh, hello Weasley,"

Ron grunted in response, pleasantly surprised at how bustling the table was around Cassie. He felt ashamed to have continued to live under the assumption of her lack of friends. 

"Fred," Cassie responded to Blaise, stealing a doughnut from his plate. 

"Excuse you, that's mine," Blaise exclaimed, standing up to snatch it back when Fred slapped his hand away. 

"She's the queen. This is part of the privileges. She gets to steal doughnuts,"

"You made that rule up for yourself didn't you," Blaise eyed Cassie, a smirk on his face. 

Cassie grinned evilly, taking a big bite into her doughnut and moaning in the delight of its taste, making Ron break into a smile. 

"Aren't you glad I took your favourite flavour?" Blaise grinned, a cocky look on his face. 

"Have I ever professed my love for you?" Cassie smiled back, her eyes so soft and doe-like it would make anyone's heart skip a beat. 

"I'm afraid not," Blaise pouted, "I've been waiting for it for quite a long time,"

"However, I have decided to take it back," Cassie laughed, "Mr Dumps-worms-on-your-head doesn't deserve a confession,"

"Oh for crying out loud, we were ten!" Blaise groaned, slamming his head on the table. 

"Wait, are we talking about the worm dumping again?" Delilah gasped as she made her way to the table and took a seat next to Blaise, "I still don't know the story,"

"I want to know too," came Dean's voice as he slid towards the group. 

"Great, why don't we just stand on the table and announce it to the whole world!" Blaise sassed but Cassie actually started getting up making Blaise slide under the table to grab hold of Cassie's legs before she climbed up. 

The table burst into laughter, Blaise clambering back to his spot as Cassie settled down, that mischievous glint in her eyes sparkling brighter than ever. 

"Oh, shit Fred, we've got to go," George yelled suddenly on looking at the clock. 

"Why?" Dean asked, surprised, "It's Sunday. You've got no classes,"