seven

( tiny time skip )

WHEN PROFESSOR LUPIN introduced the boggart to everyone in the class, a murmur of excitement spread amongst the students – especially after Neville tackled the boggart of professor snape by making it wear his grandmother's clothes. They all eagerly stood in line, restless to take down the boggart on their turn. One by one, the students went up to the boggart and yelled 'riddikulus' with their wands, making the boggart change into something funny. Ron went soon, making the boggart take shape of a spider. With a little bit of determination, it made the giant insect wear roller skates, the sight causing the redhead to let out a chuckle. Another Gryffindor turned a rather terrifying looking joker into a ballet dancer coming out of a crank box.

Soon Cassandra stood in line. Remus gave her a questionable look but on seeing Cassie's determined nod, he let her take on the boggart. Cassie let out a sigh before stepping in front of the boggart. It first turned into a dementor – which earned a few gasps from the crowd – and then almost immediately turned into a huge black dog lying dead on the floor, in a pool of blood. Cassie's breath hitched before she raised her wand. No sooner did she do that than the boggart changed once again. This time, the boggart had taken the shape of the brunette woman, Julia, collapsed on the floor – her eyes wide open, her lips parted as a sign of shock. Her brown hair was strewn carelessly over her face. Despite that, Cassandra could see all too clearly, her hazel eyes, shining bright in the sunlight. Cassandra dropped her wand on seeing the lady cold on the floor. Her chest pained and her heartbeat increased every passing moment. She crumbled onto the floor, cupping her mouth in horror. Her eyes were becoming heavy. A few gasps and pitiful sighs surrounded the room. Remus ran in front of the boggart, making the brunette turn into a silvery orb high above his head. He lazily dismissed the boggart with the help of Neville and dismissed the class at once – but not before rewarding Gryffindor some points. 

All this while, Cassie sat there on the floor, her hands covering her ashamed face. Harry and Hermione had both inched towards the Black to check up on her but on seeing Professor Lupin's stern dismissing wave, they retraced their steps and went out of the room. Cassie had looked so traumatized and taken aback on seeing that woman on the floor, Harry was extremely worried for his best friend. He had never seen Cassandra be so affected by anything. She was and had always been the strongest, mature and most level headed person in their group. Seeing her in this state, frightened him, to say the least. Every inch of him wanted to hug Cassie and help her through this, but he had to respect Lupin's instruction, especially considering he was her godfather. So, he silently agreed and walked out with Hermione and met up with Ron, who was standing at the door, watching Cassandra crumpled on the floor. They were all worried about her. 

When the room and corridors were cleared of all students, Remus locked the door and helped Cassie up, who immediately buried her face into her godfather's stomach (she had a short stature compared to her godfather).

"It's all right Cas," he whispered soothingly into her ear.

"I let the emotions take over me," Cassie mumbled, her head still stuffed into his stomach, as he drew circles on the girl's back.

"You're only thirteen Cassandra," Remus reasoned with a soft smile as she looked up at him, wiping her tears from her rosy face.

"I'm the exception, Remus. I'm the exception," she reminded with a scoff.

"That doesn't stop you from having emotions," Remus chuckled, bending down to get a better look at Cassie.

"But I'm supposed to be strong!" Cassie argued, folding her arms, thoroughly angry at herself.