Chapter 1: The Day We Met

Bethany POV

                This was literally torture. I was sitting at a table with my grandparents from both sides and my two weird older cousins who kept asking me about my love life. No I’m not dating anyone. No I’m not gay. Their questions were making me want to hang myself with the tablecloth. I put my head down on the table and groaned. It was time to fake a sickness.

                “Bethany, are you feeling alright?” my grandma Pearl asked sweetly.

                I shook my head and groaned again. “Lady problems,” I whispered.

                She nodded and I got up and almost ran to the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom and sighed and sat down. I heard some moaning in one of the stalls. I groaned and got up. “Gross.” I walked out of the bathroom and ran into someone. A pair of strong arms grabbed me stopping me from falling on my butt.

                “I’m sorry.” I said looking down.

                “It’s fine.” An Irish accent said. I looked up and melted in his blue eyes. They were bluer then the sky.

                “Who are you?” I asked not recognizing him. He wasn’t one of my relatives.

                “I’m Markus’ play-cousin.” He said fixing his tie.

                “Oh, I’m Charlie’s sister, the maid of honor.” I said.

                He nodded. “I saw you up there during the ceremony. How come you were at the old peoples table?” he asked.

                I shrugged. “I don’t know. I just ended up there.”

                “You should sit at my table. My sister’s in the bathroom making out with her new “cousin-in-law.” He said.

                “Okay.” I said nodded following him.

                He led me to his all the way in the back. I sat next to him and looked at his name tag. His name was Niall Horan. That name sounded familiar.

                “Do I know you?” I asked. “Your name sound so familiar.”

                He blushed and looked down. “I’m in a boy-band.”

                “Oh yeah! You’re in One Direction.” I said. My friends were crazy about them.

”You’ve heard of us?” He asked surprised. “I thought you were too hipster.”

I chuckled. “You think I’m hipster? That’s funny.” I laughed.

“Why is it funny?” He asked laughing.

“Because it true.” I asked. “Why do you think I sat at the old people table? Young people are too main-stream.” I said laughing.

He laughed loudly. He had a funny laugh. I started laughing even harder. We were both cracking up when my sister walked over to us. “Having fun?” she asked

I looked at her my face really hot. “Um...yeah.” I said.

“I see you’ve made a new friend.” She said smiling at Niall. Niall smiled politely.

“Congratulations on your marriage.” He said.

“Thank you, sweetheart. You and Beth should go slow dance.” She said winking at me.

“That sounds like fun.” He said getting up. “Can I have this dance?” He asked sticking his hand out to me.

I blushed and nodded. He took my hand and led me to the middle of the dance floor.

We danced, talked and laughed for the rest of the night. He didn’t act like a stuck up famous person like people set him out to be. He was sweet and smart. He had the cutest little accent and smile. I never wanted to leave but all good things must come to an end. He walked me to my car and let me wear his jacket.

“This was fun.” He said leaning on the car.

“Yeah...” I said.

“Can I have your number? I’d love to see you again.” He asked.

I nodded and he handed me his phone. I typed my number in.

“I’ll call you tomorrow, I promise.” He said smiling.

“Alright. If you don’t I’ll think you forgot about me.” I said smiling.

“I don’t think I can forget you.” He said. I blushed. He was so sweet.

“Well...goodnight.” I said standing on my tippy toes and kissing him on the cheek.

“’Night.” He said smiling. He opened my door for me and I got in. I started the car and waved at him. Then I drove away.