Chapter 21 Description

How should he describe Chen Yimian?

The mid-term exams were just around the corner.

Zhou Yi started his exclusive tutoring sessions with Chen Yimian to cover all the gaps and deficiencies.

However, on Sunday, Chen Yimian insisted on watching the latest episodes of the Korean drama she was following before she would start studying.

Zhou Yi brought out two plates of dumplings from the kitchen and saw Chen Yimian lying lazily on his couch in her blue pajamas and pants. Her legs were raised high and she was casually swinging them while staring fixedly at the TV screen. Her hand reached forward, reaching the open bag of potato chips on the coffee table, which was already halfway empty.

Zhou Yi rubbed his forehead.

He couldn't believe it, but due to a joke, he found himself actually considering the possibility of liking Chen Yimian, influenced by Ji Song's words.

He placed the dumplings on the coffee table, looked at Chen Yimian with a hint of disdain, and said coldly, "What time is it? Can't you at least change your clothes?"

"It doesn't matter since I'm not going out anyway."

When Chen Yimian saw that breakfast was ready and her legs stopped shaking, she immediately sat up and moved two small stools from the balcony to the living room.

"Smells so good." Chen Yimian took a bite of the dumpling, giving a thumbs-up to Zhou Yi. "Master Zhou, your cooking skills are truly exceptional."

Zhou Yi snorted coldly, but the slight curve of his mouth couldn't hide the fact that he was pleased with the compliment. He said, "These are frozen dumplings. What does it have to do with me whether they taste good or not?"

"Modest as always." Chen Yimian swallowed a dumpling in one bite and mumbled, "I can never cook dumplings so perfectly."

Zhou Yi chuckled and lightly patted the back of her head, saying, "Just eat."

Everything was ordinary and nothing out of the ordinary. Chen Yimian spent her weekends at his place under the pretext of tutoring, enjoying his care without caring about her appearance.

There were no strange and mysterious changes. It was all in his imagination.

Zhou Yi continued to brainwash himself, nodding slightly.

Chen Yimian didn't notice Zhou Yi's subtle actions, but she suddenly stopped eating after a few bites and her gaze was captivated by the TV screen.

Curious, Zhou Yi followed her gaze, but because he didn't know the context, he was utterly confused.

He saw that as the male lead quietly left on the screen, Chen Yimian sighed heavily, hammering the table in frustration. However, she hit it a bit too hard and it hurt, so she blew on her palm.

"You're so clueless, so clueless."

When Chen Yimian turned around, she met Zhou Yi's bewildered gaze and explained, "I really don't understand. Why do these male leads fail to realize their feelings for the female lead until they've missed their chance?"

She empathized with the plot of the TV drama, while Zhou Yi choked on a mouthful of dumpling soup, coughing repeatedly.

Chen Yimian patted his back absentmindedly and said, "You choked on soup? Take a sip."

Zhou Yi waved his hand, indicating that she didn't need to worry about him, but he appeared somewhat unnatural as he walked out of the living room to the kitchen to get a drink.